Sanctuary Social Care has a locum vacancy for a Senior Practitioner to work full-time based in Basildon, with a focus on working with children in care. The ideal candidate will possess highly developed specialist knowledge of social work practice in Children's Services and be registered with Social Work England.
The pay rate for this locum Senior Practitioner role is £237.00 per day and is an initial 3-month contract.
- Assess, plan, review and provide support to a child, family or carer with complex family or social care needs
- Assess family functioning, providing help and support, when relationship breakdown threatens to impair the health or well-being of children at risk of abuse or neglect
- Arrange appropriate alternative care (including, where appropriate a permanent home) in collaboration with children, young people and their parents/carers where the parents/carers cannot care for them
- Accountable for making recommendations about whether a case has reached the threshold for statutory intervention
- Carry out age and human rights assessments as appropriate
- Maintain up to date, accurate and high-quality records of activity on cases
- Write court reports and give evidence in relation to children at risk during legal proceedings
- Assess people's suitability as foster carers
- Hold a caseload of a level of complexity and provide case management, guidance, support and expert advice to social care staff, students and newly qualified social workers, as and when required
Benefits of Working for Sanctuary Personnel:
- Daily payroll
- Free DBS and compliance service
- Access to exclusive roles that aren't available with other agencies
- Your own dedicated consultant with extensive social work knowledge
- Refer a Friend bonus - get £250 for each social worker you refer who we successfully place after 100 hours of work has been completed
- Find your own job bonus - Receive £250 for bringing your own position to us
- Clinical governance support with a specialist safeguarding team
- In-house payroll system
- A free digital copy of the Social Work News Magazine
Requirements of the Senior Practitioner:
- Degree or equivalent in social work
- Current Social Work England registration
- Significant senior level frontline experience within children's services
- HCPC registered
- Good working knowledge and ability to use information technology and related systems eg, Word, SW case recording systems
- Driving licence and car or ability to meet the mobility requirements of the role through other means
- Work flexibly
This Senior Practitioner job is advertised by Tom Loomes; if you are interested in this position please click above to apply now.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.