Sanctuary Personnel, an award-winning and renowned Recruitment Agency is looking for a Social Work Senior Practitioner to work full-time based in Baldock, within the Assessment Team.
The salary for this permanent Senior Practitioner role is £35,745 - £39,880 per annum.
- Take the lead on the most complex cases within the department
- Shared responsibility for leading and managing less experienced staff
- A key role in researching and sharing up to date social work practise alongside creating a clear vision for the future and ensuring the best outcomes for children and their families are realised
- Undertake single child and family assessments for those circumstances where our Multi-Agency Safeguarding Hub has identified the need for a social work assessment
- Providing high-quality support and planning for children and young people who are in long term foster care, residential care and semi-independent care up until the age of 18
Requirements of the Senior Practitioner:
- Degree or equivalent in social work
- Current Social Work England registration
- Significant senior level frontline experience within children’s services
- Highly developed specialist knowledge of Social Work practice
- Strong written and verbal skills as you will need to prepare and deliver care proceedings to conferences and court hearings
- Significant senior level frontline experience in a safeguarding team
- Focussed on helping children and families to change their lives for the better
- Recent experience of casework in Assessments, Child Protection, Children Looked After and Care Proceedings
- In-depth knowledge of relevant childcare legislation
- In return, we will offer excellent learning and development opportunities, regular supervision meetings and an approachable and supportive management team.
- Competitive salary up to £43,813 pa depending on experience (includes Market Forces payment of up to £5000)
- Welcome payment of £1000 for all external appointments
- Relocation Expenses of up to £6000 for those candidates that need to relocate for the role
- Car lease scheme
- Free parking at all of our sites
- Access to the Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS)
- Childcare Vouchers
- Up to 33 days annual leave entitlement
- Staff discounts in gyms, travel agents, car sales, restaurants and days out
This Senior Practitioner job is advertised by Lucy Pearson; if you are interested in this position please click above to apply now.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.
As a pioneer of diverse recruitment, Sanctuary Personnel is proud to encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds as our pool of candidates is very much reflective of the clients that candidates will support within their role. This very much played a significant in previously winning ‘Best Candidate Care’ at the Recruiter Awards as well being a two-time finalist for the same award.
Sanctuary takes great pride in building candidate and client relationships that promote Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI).
With recruitment consultants and all other employees undertaking annual online training on EDI and many other compliance training courses, Sanctuary is best-placed to undertake a fair and thorough selection process.
If you consider yourself to have a disability or require any reasonable adjustment during the recruitment process or within the workplace, please highlight this at the earliest opportunity. With this information, we will provide appropriate support to you throughout the process and into your work placement.