Sanctuary Health is currently looking for an experienced and dedicated Senior Orthopaedic Occupational Therapist to work full-time in Southend. The ideal candidate will possess highly developed specialist knowledge of Occupational Therapy and be registered with the HCPC.
The pay rate for this locum Occupational Therapist job is £25 per hour (LTD Company Equivalent), and this role is on an initial 2-month contract.
- Carrying out functional assessments and interventions with ward in-patients on the trauma and elective orthopaedic wards to facilitate safe and timely discharge.
- Liaising with other therapy staff across a group of wards and providing cover to those wards if necessary.
- Identifying rehab pathways and care needs, making appropriate referrals as needed. Liaising with the wider MDT.
- Providing day to day support to junior and non-qualified staff
Requirements of the Occupational Therapist:
- Degree or equivalent within Occupational Therapy
- NHS experience as an Occupational Therapist
- HCPC registration
- Experience within a similar acute hospital ward setting
- Previous experience in orthopaedic setting.
- Broad range of general clinical skills including medicine and elderly care. Knowledge of equipment and discharge pathways.
- General hospital skills across surgical, medical or orthopaedics wards (Desirable)
This Occupational Therapist job is advertised by Sebastian Dunbar; if you are interested in this position please click above to apply now.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.