Sanctuary Personnel, an innovative and committed recruitment agency is currently looking for an experienced Senior Occupational Therapist to work based in Maidenhead, within the Hospital Team (Discharge 2 Assess).
The salary for this permanent Senior Occupational Therapist job is £44,133 per annum.
- Support the Service Managers to provide occupational therapy service to identified customers with complex needs, using relevant professional specialism and helping customers to achieve desired outcomes and improve their quality of life.
- Deputise for the Service Managers when necessary to be able to deliver on all aspects of operational issues in the team.
- To take an active role in the Brokerage & Support OT duty system.
- Manage a caseload (including people with complex needs).
- Develop, supervise, and support a number of Brokerage and Support workers and/or occupational therapists to ensure they provide long term support to clients as required.
- Undertake reassessments of individual need.
- Monitor and review occupational therapy outcomes in line with procedures; assist in problem solving to enhance wellbeing using relevant professional skills.
- Have an active role in managing the safeguarding of vulnerable adults.
- Act as a lead professional in areas identified by the service.
Requirements of the Senior Occupational Therapist:
- Degree or equivalent within Occupational Therapy.
- HCPC registered as an Occupational Therapist.
- Recent post-qualifying experience working as an Occupational Therapist.
- Good standard of Maths and English.
- Good knowledge of the needs of vulnerable adults and their carers.
- Knowledge of the principles and practice of risk assessment.
- An awareness of the function and operation of Eligibility Criteria within Adult Social Care.
- Sound understanding of Self Directed Support.
- Extensive knowledge of the relevant social care legislative framework.
- Excellent IT skills, including Word, and Outlook, plus the ability to work on any other WBC IT systems as required.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Good telephone manner and ability to engage with people with communication difficulties.
- The ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines, managing a varied workload.
- Significant experience of working with vulnerable adults in one or more of the following areas:- Learning disability, older persons, physical disability, mental health.
- Relevant post qualification experience.
- Supervisory experience, or, evidence of appropriate experience and willingness to undergo training.
- Needs to travel independently according to the nature of work required.
This Senior Occupational Therapist job is advertised by Sadiq Rahman; if you are interested in this position please click above to apply now.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.
As a pioneer of diverse recruitment, Sanctuary Personnel is proud to encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds as our pool of candidates is very much reflective of the clients that candidates will support within their role. This very much played a significant in previously winning ‘Best Candidate Care’ at the Recruiter Awards as well being a two-time finalist for the same award.
Sanctuary takes great pride in building candidate and client relationships that promote Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI).
With recruitment consultants and all other employees undertaking annual online training on EDI and many other compliance training courses, Sanctuary is best-placed to undertake a fair and thorough selection process.
If you consider yourself to have a disability or require any reasonable adjustment during the recruitment process or within the workplace, please highlight this at the earliest opportunity. With this information, we will provide appropriate support to you throughout the process and into your work placement.