Sanctuary Health is currently looking for an experienced and dedicated Band 7 Senior Occupational Therapist to work in Newham on a full-time basis. The ideal candidate will possess highly developed specialist knowledge of Occupational Therapy and be registered with the HCPC.
The pay rate for this locum Senior Occupational Therapist job is £30 per hour (Assignment rate) and is a contract until 31.03.2021.
You will be working 7.5 hours per day Monday to Friday 8-4 or 10-6 pm.
Duties of the Occupational Therapist:
- To undertake a team leader role in planning, coordinating, delivering and evaluating the Occupational Therapy Service provided to Neuro and Stroke patients on a day-to-day basis.
- To take a major role in the advanced occupational therapy assessment and treatment of patients within the specialty who may have acute, complex and/or chronic presentations.
- To provide functional assessment of people with disabilities and deliver individualized treatment plans aimed at reducing the impact of disability and ill health.
- To undertake all aspects of clinical duties as an autonomous practitioner.
- To support and advise occupational therapy staff and support staff working in this area.
- To co-ordinate any students allocated to the specialty, assisting other clinical educators as required. Supervise, educate and assess the performance of occupational therapy students; this would be to a graduate level.
- To be responsible for a defined caseload, working autonomously with access to supervision.
Requirements of the Senior Occupational Therapist:
- Degree or equivalent within Occupational Therapy
- HCPC registered as an Occupational Therapist
- At least 2 years post qualifying experience as an Occupational Therapist within a similar role
Benefits of Working for Sanctuary Personnel:
- Daily payroll
- Free DBS and compliance service
- Access to exclusive roles that aren't available with other agencies
- Your own dedicated consultant with extensive occupational therapy knowledge
- Refer a Friend bonus - get £250 for each candidate you refer who we successfully place
- Find your own job bonus - Receive £250 for bringing your own position to us
- Clinical governance support
- In house payroll system
- An industry-leading shift booking system
- Nationwide coverage including the Channel islands
This Occupational Therapist job is advertised by Sebastian Dunbar; if you are interested in this position please click above to apply now.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.