Sanctuary Personnel, an innovative and committed recruitment agency is currently looking for an experienced Senior Occupational Therapist to work as a Moving and Handling Specialist based in Maidenhead, within the Physical Disability and Older Persons Team.
The salary for this permanent Senior Occupational Therapist job is £44,133.36 per annum.
- Lead part of the team’s workload related to resident needs for Moving & Handling related assessment needs, from the moment referrals are being received till the needs are being addressed.
- Ensure incoming referrals are dealt with in a timely manner and advice on management, till input by OT staff can be provided, is given appropriately.
- Ensure effective communication is provided to all those involved with incoming M&H needs.
- Develop skills of those team members involved with M&H referrals, assessments, and service provision.
- Be the lead M&H advisor for other team members.
- Within the scope of this job, the post holder will assess for and prescribe equipment; effectively use NRS for allocation of equipment; identify and progress the need for adaptations to Service users’ accommodation as appropriate.
- To assess, provide and review transfer & manual handling equipment to ensure safety of the residents & those involved with the tasks.
- To provide comprehensive and up to date risk reduction reports for provided equipment.
- To assess seating needs and provide appropriate adaptations in line with the local policy to support long term needs of the service user.
- Manage a caseload including complex assessments.
- To work as loan worker in the community with a variety of adult service users.
- To work closely with RBWM based services to ensure clear communication and correct use of each service is utilized.
- To ensure appropriate safeguarding processes are in place for the most vulnerable residents.
Requirements of the Senior Occupational Therapist:
- Degree or equivalent within Occupational Therapy.
- HCPC registered as an Occupational Therapist.
- Minimum two years post-qualifying experience working as an Occupational Therapist.
- Moving and Handling Specialist.
- Knowledge of all relevant legislation and a clear understanding of Safeguarding processes and the protection of adults at risk.
- IT Skills – competent in use of Microsoft Outlook and Word.
- Ability to represent the Authority, at a multi- agency level, in planning and reviewing service development.
- Must have current clean driving licence and have daily use of a car.
This Senior Occupational Therapist job is advertised by Sadiq Rahman; if you are interested in this position please click above to apply now.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.