Sanctuary Personnel, a leading recruitment company within the private and public sector has a permanent role for a Senior Occupational Therapist to work 37.5 hours per week, based in Charlwood.
The salary for this permanent Senior Occupational Therapist job is £34,680 per annum.
- Work alongside the Occupational Therapy Team across two 14-bedded wards for men between the ages of 18-65, who are experiencing an acute crisis in their mental health
- Create one-to-one rapports with services users to build confidence, skills and coping strategies through clinical discussions and therapeutic sessions to support their care plans
- Provide on-hand support, management and supervision to two Occupational Therapy Assistants, and will take the lead on resource purchases and monitoring the activity budget
- Receive and respond promptly to new admissions, undertaking service user assessments to identify and prioritise needs, before planning and delivering the appropriate and relevant interventions either on an individual or group basis
- Maintain evaluation records of performance for individuals, providing verbal and written feedback for ward rounds and discharge planning meetings
- Contribute to discharge planning and in supporting service users through their recovery pathway back into the community
- Develop and maintain close working relationships with colleagues, ensuring clinical practice is in line with Elysium policies and procedures and complies with statutory regulations and quality standards
- Maintain effective communication links with service users, relatives, carers and external professionals throughout the service user’s rehabilitation journey
Requirements of the Senior Occupational Therapist:
- Hold a BSC (Hons) or equivalent in Occupational Therapy
- HCPC registered as an Occupational Therapist
- RCOT membership
- At least 2 years of clinical experience including some experience of working in a mental health inpatient setting
- Prior experience from the NHS and/or private sector as you manage a designated caseload using evidence-based approaches and client-centred principles to assess, plan, implement and evaluate interventions
With a strong emphasis on teamwork, you’ll receive support from a regional network of healthcare professionals and enjoy access to a variety of training courses to support you reach your career goals.
This Senior Occupational Therapist job is advertised by Kristian Hammond; if you are interested in this position please click above to apply now.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.