Sanctuary Health are currently looking for an experienced and dedicated Senior Registered Learning Disability Nurse to work full-time within a Clinical Health Team based in Sutton. The ideal candidate will possess highly developed specialist knowledge of Learning Disability Nursing and be registered with the NMC.
The pay rate for this Learning Disability Nurse job is £32.50-£34.51 per hour (LTD Company Equivalent) and is an initial 6-month contract.
About the team:
- The delivery of health inputs provided by trained clinicians specialist in the field of learning disabilities where needs cannot be met by mainstream services alone.
- Promoting well being through activities such as health promotion and preventative lifestyle activity.
- Facilitating access to mainstream services and supports such as; primary care; acute care; leisure opportunities: housing; etc.
- Contributing to service developments and using knowledge about needs; effectiveness of current services and future demand to inform and contribute towards strategic commissioning.
- Imparting skills by teaching and training others such as social care providers; voluntary sector staff; and other health professionals.
Requirements of the Learning Disability Nurse:
- Registered nurse qualification - Learning Disabilities (RN 5 or 6) supplemented by Diploma level specialist training, experience or short courses
- NMC registration and a valid live pin
- Experience within a similar role
- Sound knowledge of the principals of clinical governance/ national and local policy/ good practice guidance relating to care of people with learning disabilities. In particular evidence based practice, clinical audit and the role of professional development in advancing practice
This Learning Disability Nurse job is advertised by Deane Garrard; if you are interested in this position please click above to apply now.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.