Sanctuary Personnel, a leading recruitment company to the private and public sector has a locum vacancy for a Senior Development Manager to work based in Lambeth.
The pay rate for this locum Senior Development Manager job is £373.80 per day and is an initial 3-month contract.
- Lead a portfolio of real estate development and regeneration programmes and projects, leveraged through assets owned by the Council (or in partnership with other landowners/agencies) and delivered under contractual arrangements with the private or not for profit sector
- Be responsible for management of a team to support the delivery of a range of mixed use projects
- Lead major property development programmes and projects from feasibility stage, through investment approval, site assembly, partners procurement, statutory approvals and on-site delivery in order to generate a financial return and social value
- Ensure the development programmes and projects deliver measurable enhancements against the outcomes of the Borough Plan such as housing and employment growth
- Lead partnership working within the SGO Directorate, other Directorate and with external partners (developers, landowners Registered Providers and other key stakeholders) to maximise financial and social value
- Lead a comprehensive risk management approach
- Represent the service at public meetings and site visits to discuss regeneration proposals
- Undertake a key overall management function within the Development Programme Team
- Take strategic responsibility for ensuring that the Council and its delivery partner(s) are working together to deliver benefits against the council’s requirements to residents, and to ensure that robust and inclusive community engagement is taking place
- Lead in managing major property regeneration and development projects, to deliver financial and social value
- Lead a team who use their specialist knowledge and skills around land assembly, partnership working, development management and funding streams to progress development projects
- Take a lead role in negotiating strategic development deals and commissioning advice from expert financial, legal and technical advisors
- Be responsible for programme governance, project management, project monitoring and programme reporting of projects against key metrics (time, quality and cost)
- Oversee and own all development financial viability appraisals and review on a regular basis to ensure development projects remain viable and achieve income targets
- Secure necessary funding and delivery arrangements which enable the timely delivery of projects and manage budgets associated with the project
- Manage the Risk Register for projects and programme and ensure that both risk and mitigation measures are identified and executed in a timely manner
- Working with internal and external partners to promote the identification of land assets which can contribute to the delivery of the Council’s housing and employment growth strategies
- Consult with the local community on property development projects, ensuring the delivery of high levels of participation across the Borough
- Consult with senior officers, Members and external contacts on the full range of matters relating to the property development project
- Manage stakeholder expectations and respond to issues (including press enquiries, Members' enquiries, Freedom of Information Act requests, and formal complaints) in compliance with established timescales and procedures
- Take responsibility for ensuring that Council’s statutes and government legislation is upheld
Requirements of the Senior Development Manager:
- Have detailed understanding and experience to lead public sector procurement processes and/or land disposal processes
- Be prepared to work outside of normal hours, including attending evening meetings, and occasional weekend working
- A Degree level (or equivalent) qualification or equivalent professional experience in a discipline linked to real estate development and ideally with MRICS qualification
- A sound and proven knowledge of mixed use real estate development, the statutory planning regime, commercial appraisals and managing commercial elements of a project to balance risk and optimise value
- A good understanding of the role of the private and public sector and local authority process and structures in relation to major property
- Broad knowledge and awareness of current issues affecting regeneration and the delivery of financial and social values in both the commercial and residential markets
- Commercial acumen and experience leading complex property development and regeneration projects in a development management or real estate advisory capacity
- Experience of promoting and implementing place renewal through land assembly, partners procurement and long-term investment strategies. Ideally with experience of leading the procurement of or bidding for real estate development opportunities via public sector frameworks e.g. OJEU/panels etc
- Experience leading, motivating and managing multidisciplinary teams to delivery complex development projects and positive outcomes through internal and external partnerships
- Experience of providing advice to Councillors, senior officers, partners and local groups on major regeneration and development projects, including presenting reports to Management Boards and other groups and partnerships
- Experience of budget management for development projects
- Knowing your staff and emphasising with their issues
- Being consistent and focussing on team building to achieve excellence
- Treating everyone with respect, equally and fairly
- Being courageous even when you don’t know the answer
- Being ambitious, knowing the bigger picture of borough improvement
Benefits of working for Sanctuary Personnel:
- Free DBS and compliance service
- Daily payroll
- Access to exclusive roles that aren't available with other agencies
- Your own dedicated consultant with extensive procurement knowledge
- Refer a Friend bonus - get £250 for each candidate you refer who we successfully place
- Find your own job bonus - Receive £250 for bringing your own position to us
- Clinical governance support
- In house payroll system
- Industry leading shift booking system
- Nationwide coverage including the Channel islands
This Senior Development Manager job is advertised by Ben Fincham; if you are interested in this position please click above to apply now.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.
As a pioneer of diverse recruitment, Sanctuary Personnel is proud to encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds as our pool of candidates is very much reflective of the clients that candidates will support within their role. This very much played a significant in previously winning ‘Best Candidate Care’ at the Recruiter Awards as well being a two-time finalist for the same award.
Sanctuary takes great pride in building candidate and client relationships that promote Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI).
With recruitment consultants and all other employees undertaking annual online training on EDI and many other compliance training courses, Sanctuary is best-placed to undertake a fair and thorough selection process.
If you consider yourself to have a disability or require any reasonable adjustment during the recruitment process or within the workplace, please highlight this at the earliest opportunity. With this information, we will provide appropriate support to you throughout the process and into your work placement.