Sanctuary Personnel, an award-winning and renowned Recruitment Agency is looking for a dedicated Senior Clinical Psychologist/Neuropsychologist to work full-time based in Liverpool.
The pay rate for this locum Senior Clinical Psychologist/Neuropsychologist job is £55 per hour (Assignment rate) and is a 1-month contract.
- Work as part of a multi/inter disciplinary team, providing clinical psychology and neuropsychology input within the BIRT neurobehavioral model to service users with acquired brain injury
- Lead in ensuring the neurobehavioral model of rehabilitation is delivered through multi/inter disciplinary working
- Liaise with internal and external professionals, family members and service users
- Engage in relevant research and advise other professionals as appropriate
- Provide specialist psychological assessment and neuropsychological assessment of adults with acquired brain injury referred to BIRT and related services, utilising and interpreting information from a variety of sources including psychological and neuropsychological tests, self-report scales, direct and indirect structured observations and semi-structured interviews with service users, family members and others involved in the service user’s care
- Complete pre-admission assessments, developing highly specialist, collaborative and holistic neurobehavioral formulations of an individual’s rehabilitation needs, including the development of SMART goals
- Coordinate Service User’s care as appropriate and agreed with your supervisor, in the role of keyworker/clinical lead
- Be responsible for relevant data collection on work activities, as required
- Formulate and implement plans of highly specialist psychological and/or neuropsychological intervention to support the neurobehavioral rehabilitation of adults with acquired brain injury as part of the multi/inter disciplinary team, based on current evidence-based best practice
- Elicit personal goals from service users and translate this to specific, measurable, achievable, relevant timed SMART goals with the team
- Undertake a range of psychological therapeutic and rehabilitation interventions, drawing on a range of psychological models and employing a range of modalities (individual, family, group) adapted and tailored to the needs of the individual and the context and ongoing evaluation of the outcomes of the intervention
- Be responsible for providing a specialist psychological perspective in the multi/inter disciplinary assessment of service users and their families
- Contribute highly specialist psychological and neuropsychological advice to the multi/inter disciplinary formulation of appropriate therapeutic approaches or intervention plans, and to be involved in, or oversee specialist psychological aspects of their implementation in collaborations with other staff
- Undertake psychologically based risk assessment and risk management for relevant clients and provide advice on the psychological aspects of risk to the multi/inter disciplinary team
- Consult with and provide specialist psychological guidance to carers and families of service users
- Exercise autonomous professional judgement and responsibility for the psychological management of service users on own caseload
- Participate in regular on call support for the Unit on a rota basis
- Participate in multi/inter disciplinary meetings concerned with the delivery and development of clinical services and contribute a psychological perspective as appropriate
- Contribute as required to the planning and development of operational policies and delivery models for clinical neuropsychology within BIRT through undertaking agreed project work
Requirements of the Senior Clinical Psychologist/Neuropsychologist:
- Be an HCPC registered psychologist
- Have a relevant qualification
- Recent psychology experience
- Demonstrate a duty of care to equipment and resources supplied by the Disabilities Trust
- Be accountable for own practice and take every reasonable opportunity to maintain and improve own knowledge, professional competence and support continual learning and development
- Be able to quickly and effectively adapt your working practices to meet the needs of the service user you are working with
- Be able to manage these behaviours with compassion and professionalism
- Be registered with all relevant regulatory bodies
- Be aware of Equality Diversity & Inclusion characteristics and ensure that these are considered appropriately throughout all work undertaken
Benefits of working for Sanctuary Personnel:
- Free DBS and compliance service
- Daily payroll
- Access to exclusive roles that aren't available with other agencies
- Your own dedicated consultant with extensive psychology knowledge
- Refer a Friend bonus - get £250 for each candidate you refer who we successfully place
- Find your own job bonus - Receive £250 for bringing your own position to us
- Clinical governance support
- In house payroll system
- Industry leading shift booking system
- Nationwide coverage including the Channel islands
This Senior Clinical Psychologist/Neuropsychologist job is advertised by Dan Potts; if you are interested in this position please click above to apply now.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.
As a pioneer of diverse recruitment, Sanctuary Personnel is proud to encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds as our pool of candidates is very much reflective of the clients that candidates will support within their role. This very much played a significant in previously winning ‘Best Candidate Care’ at the Recruiter Awards as well being a two-time finalist for the same award.
Sanctuary takes great pride in building candidate and client relationships that promote Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI).
With recruitment consultants and all other employees undertaking annual online training on EDI and many other compliance training courses, Sanctuary is best-placed to undertake a fair and thorough selection process.
If you consider yourself to have a disability or require any reasonable adjustment during the recruitment process or within the workplace, please highlight this at the earliest opportunity. With this information, we will provide appropriate support to you throughout the process and into your work placement.