Sanctuary Personnel, a leading recruitment company within the private and public sector has a locum role for a Senior Building Surveyor to work based in Newham.
The pay rate for this Senior Building Surveyor role is £350 per day (LTD) and has an initial 3-month contract.
- Deputise as required in the absence of the Works Commissioning Manager
- Routinely monitor and review the economy, efficiency, effectiveness and quality of current services across the Asset Management Group, developing new approaches to the challenges presented and implementing improvements that are in line with overriding strategic objectives, aims and targets, setting standards for the London Borough of Newham that result in continuous service improvement
- Ensure an efficient and effective technical support service for the Asset Management Group, covering specialist services with Fire Safety as the main focus of activity
- Manage the development of collaborative working with chosen contractors and strategic alliance partners, co-ordinating and integrating essential activities such as supply chain management, specification development, and consultation with residents
- Develop project specific briefs to ensure all projects meet Newham Council’s’ objectives and comply with the contractual terms of any agreement to ensure best value in cost, performance, quality and future maintenance
- Ensure a programme of Health & Safety inspections is undertaken, including evaluating findings and ensuring any works necessary are carried out
- Monitor and manage all aspects of Fire Safety within the borough
- Liaise with legal representatives and maintain dialogue with other departments, and represent the organisation in litigation
Requirements of the Senior Building Surveyor:
- Formal training in one or more of the following areas: building technology/construction, repairs, estimating, contractual matters or Fire Risk Assessments. The level attained should be at the level of a degree, HND, or HNC
- Considerable experience of building inspection work, identifying faults, preparing reports/specifications
- Considerable experience of supervising building works
- Extensive experience in dealing with Fire Safety works and Fire Risk Assessments
- Considerable experience of successfully running contracts/projects
- Experience in managing staff
Benefits of working for Sanctuary Personnel:
- Daily payroll
- Free DBS and compliance service
- Access to exclusive roles that are not available with other agencies
- Your own dedicated consultant with extensive recruitment knowledge
- Refer a Friend bonus - get £250 for each candidate you refer who we successfully place
- Find your own job bonus - Receive £250 for bringing your own position to us
- Clinical governance support
- In house payroll system
- Industry leading shift booking system
- Nationwide coverage including the Channel Islands
This Senior Building Surveyor role is advertised by Hollie Mills; if you are interested in this position please click above to apply now.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.
As a pioneer of diverse recruitment, Sanctuary Personnel is proud to encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds as our pool of candidates is very much reflective of the clients that candidates will support within their role. This very much played a significant in previously winning ‘Best Candidate Care’ at the Recruiter Awards as well being a two-time finalist for the same award.
Sanctuary takes great pride in building candidate and client relationships that promote Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI).
With recruitment consultants and all other employees undertaking annual online training on EDI and many other compliance training courses, Sanctuary is best placed to undertake a fair and thorough selection process.
If you consider yourself to have a disability or require any reasonable adjustment during the recruitment process or within the workplace, please highlight this at the earliest opportunity. With this information, we will provide appropriate support to you throughout the process and into your work placement.