Sanctuary Personnel, a leading recruitment company to the private and public sector has a locum vacancy for a Social Worker to work full time based in Croydon, within the Schools Team.
The pay rate for this locum Social Worker is £35-£38 per hour (Assignment rate) and is a 3-month contract.
Successful candidates will be assigned one of the SWiS project secondary schools and this school will be the candidates main place of work. The successful candidate will be expected to work physically from this school base. Leave is ideally taken during school holidays.
- Work directly in a school based setting to make a positive impact in children and young people’s lives.
- Give direct support and do preventative work with children and young in the school setting, alongside undertaking statutory social work assessment and interventions with pupils in the school, where this is needed.
- Direct one-to-one support, drop-ins, group work, work with parents
- Supporting school staff in their pastoral and safeguarding roles.
- Work independently but collaboratively with school staff, whilst also working closely alongside the other Social Worker in Schools social workers. You will be supported and line managed by a Team Manager.
Requirements of the Social Worker:
- Degree or equivalent in social work
- Current Social Work England registration
- Significant senior level frontline experience in Children's Services
- Experience of working in Local Authority children’s social care
- Skilled and experienced in working directly with children and young people of different ages and lived experiences towards making a positive impact in their lives
- Experienced in developing, building and maintaining collaborative working relationships that promote positive outcomes for children
- Able to work independently and autonomously but also good team work skills
- Able to plan, initiate and develop effective ways to engage and work with young people within the school setting
- Have some understanding of school settings and their educational context
Benefits of working for Sanctuary Personnel:
- Daily payroll
- Free DBS and compliance service
- Access to exclusive roles that aren't available with other agencies
- Your own dedicated consultant with extensive social work knowledge
- Refer a Friend bonus - get £250 for each social worker you refer who we successfully place after 100 hours of work has been completed
- Find your own job bonus - Receive £250 for bringing your own position to us
- Clinical governance support with a specialist safeguarding team
- In-house payroll system
- Free digital copy of the Social Work News Magazine
This Social Worker job is advertised by Jess Ling; if you are interested in this position please click above to apply now.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.
As a pioneer of diverse recruitment, Sanctuary Personnel is proud to encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds as our pool of candidates is very much reflective of the clients that candidates will support within their role. This very much played a significant in previously winning ‘Best Candidate Care’ at the Recruiter Awards as well being a two-time finalist for the same award.
Sanctuary takes great pride in building candidate and client relationships that promote Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI).
With recruitment consultants and all other employees undertaking annual online training on EDI and many other compliance training courses, Sanctuary is best-placed to undertake a fair and thorough selection process.
If you consider yourself to have a disability or require any reasonable adjustment during the recruitment process or within the workplace, please highlight this at the earliest opportunity. With this information, we will provide appropriate support to you throughout the process and into your work placement.