Sanctuary Social Care is currently looking for an experienced and dedicated Safeguarding Advisor to work full-time in Surrey, Central Learning Disability & Autism Team. The ideal candidate will possess highly developed specialist knowledge of social work practice in Adults' Services and be registered with Social Work England.
The salary for this permanent Safeguarding Advisor job is £44,838 - £50,711 per annum.
Duties of the Safeguarding Advisor:
- The post holder takes responsibility for standards and practice in the provision and development of the safeguarding adults' function within a defined locality area.
- Take lead responsibility within a defined locality for disseminating best practice, assisting in training and development and representing the organisation in external forums.
- Undertaking regular audits of safeguarding practice including section 42 enquiries and associated work including case notes.
- To understand and apply the Council's duties and responsibilities for safeguarding children and young people as they apply to the role.
Requirements of the Safeguarding Advisor:
- Degree or equivalent in social work
- Current Social Work England registration
- Significant senior level frontline experience within Adults' Services
- Significant level of working knowledge of the current statutory framework for health and social care provision, the Government policy initiatives and the organisational involved in their provision and at least two years post qualifying experience.
- Significant level of working knowledge of relevant legislation impacting on safeguarding adults at risk, policy and guidance work. Experience of analysing and writing reports for senior management
- Substantial understanding of the relevant practice theories and relevant recent research or policy initiatives that underpin the provision of safeguarding services.
- Experience and skill in leading multi-agency planning groups, involving service users, carers, advocates and providers and negotiating plans and outcomes with staff, service users, and carers/advocates.
This Safeguarding Advisor job is advertised by Amanda Hubert; if you are interested in this position please click above to apply now.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.