Sanctuary Health has a permanent role for a Band 7 Respiratory Nurse Specialist to work within an Cardio-Respiratory Unit based in Guernsey. The ideal candidate will possess highly developed specialist knowledge of general nursing and be registered with the NMC.
The salary for this permanent Respiratory Nurse role is £41,956 - £50,004 per annum.
- To work within an extended and expanding role, providing a holistic, individualised approach for assessment, diagnosis, planning and implementation, practicing within agreed guidelines and protocols to deliver high quality patient services.
- Ensure the dissemination and implementation of major respiratory guidelines, for example, British Thoracic Society and NICE and have an extensive understanding of evidence base of the pharmacological treatments available.
- Initiate and develop nurse led services within defined protocols, working closely with primary and secondary care colleagues, ensuring that high standards of nursing care are set and maintained within the respiratory service, monitoring through audit, feedback & review.
- To actively promote evidence based practice in own and the practice of other members of staff involved in the specialist care of the patient/client.
Requirements of the Respiratory Nurse:
- Immediate Life Support Course (ILS).
- Experience of working with patients with respiratory disease.
- Have experience in caring for patients with palliative care needs.
- Ability to undertake comprehensive holistic assessments & manage complex symptoms.
- Demonstrates ability to work autonomously and isolation as well as part of a multi-professional team.
- Advanced communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to provide effective leadership to meet the needs of the post in full. With the ability to influence and manage change, including the promotion of evidence based practice.
- Experience in undertaking audit activity and its implication for the healthcare setting.
- Teaching/assessment & presentation skills.
- Holds a full driving licence.
- Knowledge of current issues in HSC and awareness of how these issues impact on the delivery of respiratory care.
- Provide evidence of continuous personal and professional development.
This Respiratory Nurse job is advertised by Stuart Munns; if you are interested in this position please click above to apply now.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.