Sanctuary Personnel, an innovative and committed recruitment agency is currently looking for a dedicated and experienced Residential Childcare Worker based in Blackpool.
The salary for this permanent Residential Childcare Worker role is up to £24,300 plus £30 per sleep in.
- Ensure safeguarding of all young people underpins every decision made.
- Contribute to the young person’s Therapeutic Care Plans and Risk Assessments, their review and implementation.
- Contribute to the educational/social development of each young person.
- Form effective relationships with young people, their families (if appropriate) and external agencies.
- Meet the emotional and physical needs of our young person and maximize opportunities for their development.
- Ensure that young people’s views and wishes are sought and acted upon where appropriate.
- Ensure that good quality records are maintained as required with supervision and advice from Home Managers.
- Maintain good professional practice in the home in accordance with Quality Standards
- Ensure the home is kept clean and in a tidy condition, adhere to the cleaning Rota system, encouraging the young people to participate as appropriate.
- Cook and ensure that the young people are supplied with nutritious meals, meeting their cultural needs
- Dispense, record, and administer medication as required.
- Inform colleagues of relevant developments and communications i.e., during handover.
- Maintain and promote therapeutic residential care work to high levels of professionalism.
- Ensure high quality supervision of young people, ensuring their individual safety and well-being is closely monitored.
Requirements of the Residential Childcare Worker:
- Degree or equivalent in social work
- Recent post qualifying experience within children’s social work
- You must have the Level 3 Diploma in CYPW (or equivalent)
- Ideally, you will have 2+ years’ experience in a therapeutic residential childcare setting
This Residential Childcare Worker job is advertised by Jenifer Watts; if you are interested in this position please click above to apply now.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.