YOU MUST HAVE A DEGREE IN SOCIAL WORK, MINIMUM 3 YEARS POST QUALIFICATION EXPERINCE AND BE WILLING TO REGISTER WITH SOCIAL WORK ENGLAND TO APPLY FOR THIS ROLE.
Sanctuary Personnel, an award-winning and renowned Recruitment Agency is looking for an experienced and dedicated Social Worker to relocate to the UK and take up a new position within Children's Services based in Surrey. The salary for this permanent Social Worker job is £35,382 per annum and there is a relocation allowance of up to £8,000 too. This is to be paid back in part (certain %) if you leave their employment during the sponsorship timeframe, they will highlight that on their offer letters. This allowance we will manage, and work with you to use wisely. They also offer a payment for retention etc, see below:
- An unconsolidated start-up payment of £1,000 on joining the Council’s permanent employment, with a corresponding retention period of six months.
- A further unconsolidated retention payment of £2,000 on completion of six months service, with a corresponding retention period of twelve months.
- A final unconsolidated retention payment of £3,000 on completion of eighteen months service, with a corresponding retention period of two years.
The client we are currently working with is based in Surrey, and across all the children’s services, across the whole of Surrey, based in various locations, you would be assigned to one of them. You must be a car driver, as Surrey would expect you to have a car arranged within the first few weeks of starting a role with them.
Specific areas of work will vary depending on the team but will include:
- Triage of contacts to the service to ascertain whether contacts from families, members of the community and partner organisations meet the threshold for a statutory social work assessment of significant impairment of a child’s health/development or significant harm, with appropriate information from referrers and the consent of the family (except when over-ridden by a team manager to protect a child from further significant harm).
- To provide an assessment of the needs of family members, their strengths and any risks to children’s health/development or significant harm to the child/ren and develop SMART plans that will meet the needs of family members and reduce risks to children, in conjunction with children and their families.
- To work with partners to meet those needs and monitor progress via child in need and core group meetings involving families, young people and relevant professionals.
- To conduct child protection investigations where a multi-agency strategy discussion considers there are grounds to believe the child has or is likely to suffer significant harm and to involve families in developing plans for change which will reduce the risk of significant harm and keep children in their families wherever possible.
- Where children cannot be adequately cared for within their families or their families cannot be engaged to access services that would support them to change and the significant harm threshold is reached, to initiate discussions to seek agreement for s20 or initiate planned or emergency legal proceedings to ensure children are protected in line with departmental policy, procedures and relevant legislation.
- To work with colleagues in commissioning, fostering and adoption to identify high quality placements for children that will promote keeping children with their siblings and engage in timely care planning so children are placed in stable long-term homes where their health and development as well as education and training needs are supported and they can strengthen their resilience to lead a happy and stable adult life.
Requirements of the Social Worker:
- Professional Social Work Qualification
- Experience working with children in a social work setting
- You’ll also need to be able to respond quicky to us, with Police checks for all countries you lived/worked in over the past 10 years, have a TB check, Passport, hold NARIC or IELTS, or have this booked in as a matter of urgency if you are offered a role with them, but any early preparation is always a positive sign and helps keep things fast.
- Car driver.
This Social Worker job is advertised by Luke Aldred; if you are interested in this position please click above to apply now.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.