YOU MUST HAVE A DEGREE IN SOCIAL WORK, MINIMUM 3 YEARS POST QUALIFICATION EXPERIENCE WITHIN CHILDREN'S SERVICES AND BE WILLING TO REGISTER WITH SOCIAL WORK ENGLAND TO APPLY FOR THIS ROLE.
Sanctuary Personnel, an award-winning and renowned Recruitment Agency is looking for an experienced and dedicated Social Worker to relocate to the UK and take up a new position within Children's Services based in Slough. The salary for this permanent Social Worker job is £37,731 per annum + £1000 retention bonus paid after 12 months and there is a relocation allowance of up to £8,000 too.
At Slough Children First we offer exceptional support, flexible working and a chance to do things differently. We are proud to have created a place where social work can flourish. Our young people are looking for social workers who are down-to-earth, honest, approachable and who can be themselves. If this sounds like you, we would love to hear from you.
As a social worker within our Referral and Assessment Service, what we call the front door, you will be responsible for undertaking social work on allocated cases and producing outcome-based plans that reflect the needs of and risks to children and their families. You will develop effective relationships with children, young people and their families to improve the impact of work and determine the level of service available.
For this role you will need to be a Social Work England registered social worker with a professional social work qualification, or equivalent, and at least four years' experience. You will need to have direct management experience within children's social services where you can demonstrate strong and successful leadership and the ability to maximise the potential of others and implement service improvements.
- Responsible for undertaking social work on allocated cases producing outcome based plans, having regard to the needs of, and risks to, children and their families.
- To develop effective relationships with children, young people and their families to improve impact of work and determine the level of service available ensuring written plans are agreed with the CYP and their families and reflect their views.
- To determine, using evidence based practice how these needs will be met subject to resources, statutory responsibilities, within the framework of council policies and procedures.
- To be responsible for effective Individual performance in line with national standards and performance indicators, including receiving regular supervision.
- Responsible for participating in routine auditing activity across the service to secure the highest possible standards of social work practice and record keeping and to act in accordance with requirements of the Quality Assurance Framework.
- To ensure that the needs of service users/carers from all communities are addressed, and that close attention is paid to equalities issues in all aspects of work. To ensure access to translation and interpretation services as necessary.
- To complete financial assessments and, where appropriate, to determine contributions and levels of need/service.
Requirements of the Social Worker:
- Professional Social Work Degree or equivalent (Essential)
- Social Work England Registered (Essential)
- DBS Check (Enhanced)
- Indicative post graduate experience (12 months ASYE)
- Professional Standards (Essential)
- Knowledge and Skills for Child and Family Social Workers – issued by DfE (Essential)
- Ability to write reports to a high standard (Essential)
- Understanding of children and families legal framework and assessment process (Essential)
- Understanding and experience of child protection procedures (Essential)
- Current UK driving licence (Desirable)
- Access to own vehicle (insured for work purposes) (Desirable)
- Postgraduate qualification in relevant Social work discipline (Desirable)
This Social Worker job is advertised by Hannah Rutter; if you are interested in this position please click above to apply now.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.