Sanctuary Personnel, an award-winning and renowned Recruitment Agency is looking for an experienced and dedicated Social Work Team Manager to relocate to Saint Helena Island, South Atlantic Ocean to work within their public sector adult social care team.
The salary for this permanent Team Manager job is £42,500 - £48,000 per annum and an international supplement that is paid within the salary as an additional payment, this is between £15,800 and £22,100 depending on the applicants circumstances. There is also a relocation allowance to help start the process off, this ranges from £3,000 - £4,000.
The island of St Helena is an internally self-governing Overseas Territory of the United Kingdom located in the South Atlantic approximately 4,000 miles from the UK. The Government comprises a Governor (who is appointed by the Crown) an Executive Council, which has the general control and direction of Government, and a Legislative Council. The Governor retains responsibility for internal security, external affairs, defence, the public service, finance and shipping.
The purpose of this job role is to improve the lives of all within the community and help the island thrive by delivering a comprehensive statutory social work service to the vulnerable adults of St Helena.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
- Participate in the performance management process and identify solutions for filling skill/capacity gaps.
- Facilitate continuing professional development for direct reports and the wider service as necessary.
- Develop succession plans, or contribute to succession planning for staff.
- Capacity building and succession planning
- Provide a statutory social work offer for vulnerable adults
- Work closely with the Director and with other staff and managers to enhance the practices and processes of safeguarding on St Helena with a focus on vulnerable Adults
- The work of the post holder will be guided by the development of a new strategic framework for integrated social care services, to be developed under the leadership of the Director of Social Care.
- Be responsible for ensuring policy and procedures are developed in line with St Helena legislation and ensuring that practice standards adhere to UK expectations of social work practice
Requirements of the Team Manager:
- Qualified and experienced adult social work team manager with at least three years management experience.
- Practice educator status and qualification with experience of managing social work placements and developing social worker students and unqualified staff.
- Vast level of experience in relation to capacity assessments, Dols, best interests, care planning, court related work, adult safeguarding, hospital discharge, person centred care approaches and interventions.
- Experience of the operational management of a statutory social work team, supervision, team development, appraisal, budgetary management, staff attendance and management of sickness, policy writing and implementation.
- Competent and confident decision maker in relation to the statutory social practice and interventions.
- Experience delivering training to social care staff and multi-agency partners
St Helena's key values are Fairness, Integrity and Teamwork so if you fit the mould, get in touch with our specialist International Recruitment Consultants that have extensive experience in relocating social workers around the globe.
You can apply for this role by clicking the apply button at the top of the page.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.