Sanctuary Personnel, a leading and award-winning recruitment agency is currently looking for an experienced and dedicated Band 5 Team Leader to work full-time based in Guernsey, within the Adult Disability Service.
The salary for this permanent Team Leader role is £30,566 - £39,560 per annum.
We offer a full relocation package which includes interview and relocation travel, this is in addition to our competitive pay, annual bonus. Furthermore, we offer subsidised accommodation for those travelling to the Island alone and an 8-year employment permit for those wishing to bring a partner or family.
- Support people with a learning disability and/or autism based in a variety of settings including residential homes, supported living, short break service and the outreach team
- Assess, develop, implement and evaluate programmes of care and support
- Autonomously initiate crisis management as service user need dictates
- Provide planned care and support autonomously within the level of the post holders experience, referring to a more senior member of staff if necessary
- Maintain accurate records, both electronic and paper, of the care/ support given per standards
- Act per the standards, codes and guidelines laid down by the post holder’s regulatory body and HSC where appropriate
- Safeguard service users per organisational policy and guidelines
- Work independently within appropriate guidelines and protocols
- Undertake the shift leader responsibility
- Manage service user’s medication as described within the Adult Disability Medication Policy
- Participate and attend in activities that promote health and wellbeing. For example horse riding, gym and swimming activities
- Support and accompany service users with person-centred social activities
- Carry out risk assessments to maximise service-users opportunities
- Accept redeployment, at times of staff shortage etc. to any other area of the service and undertake duties as delegated by the manager of the area
- Ensure compliance with policies established for the Health and Safety of the service users and staff
Requirements of the Team Leader:
- Registered Health or Social Care Professional e.g. Nurse, Speech and Language Therapist, OT, Registered Behaviour Technician or Social Worker or Degree in Health and Social Care plus proven experience of supporting people with a learning disability and/or autism
This Team Leader job is advertised by Alex West; if you are interested in this position please click above to apply now.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements regretfully.