Sanctuary Personnel, a leading recruitment company to the private and public sector has a permanent vacancy for a Band 6 Integrated Midwife to work full-time based in Guernsey.
The salary for this permanent Integrated Midwife role is £36,501 - £49,449 per annum.
- This post is designed to support the introduction of increased continuity of care within the antenatal and postnatal period for maternity service users.
- The integrated midwife will undertake a role within both the ward and community services.
- They will be allocated a number of shifts on the maternity unit, on a weekly basis.
- The Integrated Midwife will: Work as a member of the maternity team, delivering midwifery care throughout the pregnancy continuum in the maternity unit or community setting to women and babies.
- Be responsible for the coordination and delivery of maintenance of a high standard of evidence based practice for all families in the community caseload.
- Participate in the on-call rotas for home births and the maternity unit.
- Act as the woman’s advocate in promoting, and delivering the highest standard of midwifery care, ensuring all fundamentals of care are addressed, and current, relevant policies, guidelines and procedures are adhered to.
- Develop flexible and individual models of care, including the provision of a home birth service.
- Using evidence-based practice, assess the woman’s physical, psychological and spiritual needs, plan, implement and evaluate midwifery care involving the woman and her family, as appropriate.
- Write reports, record observations and maintain plans of care, including electronic data storage; and other appropriate records, accurately, legibly, concisely and contemporaneously, in accordance with NMC standards.
- Monitor the woman’s condition, interpret observations and identify deviations from normal. Report and refer to relevant health professionals, carrying out midwifery interventions as needed.
- Keep the woman and her family informed, when appropriate maintaining client confidentiality.
Requirements of the Integrated Midwife:
- NMC registered as a midwife
- Degree or equivalent within midwifery
- Recent experience within a similar role
This Integrated Midwife role is advertised by Craig Osborne; if you are interested in this position please click above to apply now.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.