Sanctuary Personnel, a leading recruitment company within the private and public sector has a permanent role for an Adult’s Social Work Team Leader to work full-time based in Guernsey.
The salary for this permanent Team Leader job is £30,000 - £39,500 per annum.
The post holder can be based in a variety of settings including residential homes, supported living, short break service and the Outreach Team.
- Be a member of the Adult Disability Service that supports people with a learning disability and/or autism
- Work a shift system that offers support 24 hours a day
- Be involved in all aspects of maintaining the area using the active support model, this may include cleaning, shopping, washing ironing, cooking etc
- Participate as a team member supporting relatives and friends of the service user
- Undertake the role of health promoter and educator for service users and their families/significant other
- Co-ordinate complex care arrangements through communication with multidisciplinary team members and associated agencies
- Ensure that professional and respectful communications and relationships are developed and maintained
Requirements of the Team Leader:
- Registered Health or Social Care Professional e.g. Nurse, Speech and Language Therapist, OT, Registered Behaviour Technician or Social Worker or Degree in Health and Social Care plus proven experience of supporting people with a learning disability and/or autism
- Management experience
- Hold a driving licence and be prepared to drive service vehicles
- Good IT skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Leadership skills
- Caring and empathetic nature
- A good understanding of learning disabilities and/or autism
- An understanding of person-centred care and support
- An understanding of positive behavioural support
This Team Leader job is advertised by Marc Legget; if you are interested in this position please click above to apply now.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.