Sanctuary Health are currently looking for an experienced and dedicated Band 6 Registered Mental Health Nurse to fill a full-time role within an Acute Liaison Mental Health Service based in Kettering. The ideal candidates will possess highly developed specialist knowledge of Mental Health Nursing and be registered with the NMC.
The pay rate for this locum Registered Mental Health Nurse role ranges from £24.50 - £41 per hour (Assignment rate) depending on experience, and the time of the shift.
- Provide specialist assessment and brief interventions to patients across the Crisis Care Pathway, which prevents admission to ED, or contributes to a smooth and early discharge and/or prevents an admission to a mental health unit.
- Improve the experience of patients with mental health illnesses who receive care in the acute hospital and crisis care pathway.
- Provide specialist mental health perspective to the multi-disciplinary team members regarding assessment, intervention, management and discharge planning.
- Work as a key member of a comprehensive Acute Liaison Mental Health Service within the two general hospitals. Offering a range of interventions throughout the hospitals for patients with a wide range of mental health difficulties, in line with the service operational policy.
- Offer education, opportunistically and on a planned basis, to staff within the general hospitals in order to improve their knowledge and skills of mental health, and reduce the stigma of mental health.
- There will be an expectation that out of hours support will be provided within this role, and that the post holder will be able to provide cross cover over the two sites as service needs dictates, working on a shift pattern basis across a 24/7 basis.
- Initiate a comprehensive risk assessment process, highlighting risks to self and others, with consideration given to continuity of care following discharge from hospital.
- Formulate detailed care plans/packages of care for individuals whilst in hospital, remaining mindful of their discharge, to ensure that mental health care provision is seamless and inclusive of mental health needs across the spectrum of primary and secondary care.
- Assist in the appropriate use of the Mental Health Act with individuals requiring transfer to a psychiatric hospital setting.
- Involve patients throughout the assessment and treatment processes, ensuring that care packages are tailored to meet individual needs.
- Ensure risk assessment are routinely conducted and reviewed, with regards to high-risk suicide and self-harm individuals, in line with the trust risk assessment process.
Requirements of the Registered Mental Health Nurse:
- Degree or equivalent within Mental Health Nursing (RMN trained)
- NMC registration and a valid live pin
- Recent UK Mental Health Nursing experience
This Registered Mental Health Nurse job is advertised by Ziggy Thomas; if you are interested in this position please click above to apply now.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.