Sanctuary Personnel, a leading recruitment company within the private and public sector has a locum role for a Band 5 Registered Mental Health Nurse (RMN) to work based in Horsham.
The salary for this permanent Registered Mental Health Nurse (RMN) is £30,615 per annum.
- To deliver a high standard of evidence based inpatient nursing care in the designated care group in partnership with the team, the service users and where appropriate their family.
- To act as a primary nurse in the assessment of needs and organising of care.
- To co-ordinate shifts and provide supervision for support workers and students.
- To work within a team of nurses and other professionals who are committed to the delivery of a quality service.
- To adopt a flexible approach to hours of duty, in order to meet the needs of the service over a 24-hour period.
- To take charge of a designated clinical area and deputise as appropriate.
- To represent the Ward Manager and/or care team, at appropriate forums and disseminate information as required.
- To represent the clinical team perspective at multidisciplinary meetings and clinical reviews of patient care.
- To be an active participant in the multi-disciplinary team, formulating care plans and utilising appropriate assessments.
Requirements of the Registered Mental Health Nurse (RMN):
- Degree or equivalent within Nursing (RMN trained).
- NMC registration and a valid live pin.
- Recent UK Nursing experience.
- Knowledge of MHA (1983/2007).
- Knowledge of Mental Capacity Act (2005), to include practical knowledge of FACE documentation, DOLS and Best Interest decisions.
- Demonstrate professional development relevant to the care group.
- Computer literate. Sound working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Outlook.
- Able to carry out PMVA interventions.
- Ability to administer injections with good hand to eye co-ordination.
- Ability to prioritise/cope with pressure. Ability to assess health needs in an initial assessment and prioritise them in order as soon as assessment is completed. Ability to deal with an unpredictable work pattern and deal with deadlines.
This Registered Mental Health Nurse (RMN) job is advertised by Sadiq Rahman; if you are interested in this position please click above to apply now.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.