Sanctuary Personnel, a leading recruitment company within the private and public sector has a locum role for a Band 5 Registered Mental Health Nurse to work 37.5 hours per week based in Rotherham, on an Adults Acute Ward.
The pay rate for this Registered Mental Health Nurse job is £20.06 per hour (Assignment rate) and is an initial 3-month contract.
- Take professional responsibility as a named nurse for a group of patients
- Act as a named nurse, and is responsible for the risk assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of care needs for agreed patients
- Deliver appropriate nursing care without direct supervision
- Lead a team of associate nurses and nursing assistants
- Work collaboratively with the whole mental health team
- Contribute to professional and managerial leadership to ensure that the ward environment is satisfactory to maintain the physical and mental well being of patients and staff
- Alert the ward manager of potential staffing difficulties and to provide short- term cover in the absence of more senior ward staff
- Carry out comprehensive risk assessment on patients on admission and at appropriate intervals thereafter
- Assist in maintaining a safe environment for patients, staff and visitors
- Ensure that all clinical procedures are carried out in accordance with the Trust’s Policy Manual
- Undertake and complete the Managing Work Related Violence Course
- Take responsibility for the ward in the absence of the senior staff
- Comply with safety instructions and policies of Rotherham Doncaster & South Humber Mental Health NHS Foundation Trust where appropriate
- Report all accidents and serious untoward Incidents and ensure relevant documentation is completed
Requirements of the Registered Mental Health Nurse:
- Degree or equivalent within Mental Health Nursing (RMN trained)
- NMC registration and a valid live pin
- Be aware of COSHH and Trust health and safety policies and procedures
Benefits of working for Sanctuary Personnel:
- Daily payroll
- Free DBS and compliance service
- Access to exclusive roles that aren't available with other agencies
- Your own dedicated consultant with extensive mental health nursing knowledge
- Refer a Friend bonus - get £250 for each candidate you refer who we successfully place
- Find your own job bonus - Receive £250 for bringing your own position to us
- Clinical governance support
- In house payroll system
- Industry-leading shift booking system
- Nationwide coverage including the Channel islands
This Registered Mental Health Nurse job is advertised by Alex West; if you are interested in this position please click above to apply now.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.