Sanctuary Health is currently looking for an experienced and dedicated Registered Mental Health Nurse to work full-time based in Meriden, Coventry. The ideal candidate will possess highly developed specialist knowledge of mental health nursing and be registered with the NMC.
The salary for this permanent Registered Mental Health Nurse job is £27,785.70 per annum (+£1500 welcome bonus).
- A unique opportunity to work in a 31 bedded rehabilitation and recovery service for adult males.
- We offer a positive environment to stabilise the symptoms of mental illness, and develop positive self-management and independent skills for a successful discharge into the community.
- We have a dedicated Occupational Therapy service offering real working opportunities and pet therapy, amongst many other benefits within our monitored programme.
- Evaluate situations through information obtained from patients, their families and other relevant sources; and also the patients strengths, disabilities, risks and vulnerabilities.
- Work closely with the service user to explore all of the above issues in such a way that they can increase understanding, insight and motivation and view self-management of risk as an essential part of the recovery process.
- Work collaboratively with the service user to identify early signs of deterioration in mental state and behaviour; plus any potential triggers factors which may lead to risk behaviours recurring.
- Supporting service users to develop skills to self-manage their medication through graduated self-medication programmes.
- Support users to engage/re-engage with family and friends.
- Identifying service needs and using high level communication, negotiation and liaison with other stakeholders, including senior managers, commissioners, primary care, general adult, forensic and substance use services, prisons and probation services and other independent providers as appropriate to develop flexible, integrated and comprehensive services.
- Access to the gym on site
- Free meals
- Free parking
- Investment in CPD
- Clinical supervision
- Monthly staff appreciation days and much more.
Requirements of the Registered Mental Health Nurse:
- Degree or equivalent within Mental Health Nursing (RMN trained)
- NMC registration and a valid live pin
- Excellent team working skills, a high level of self-motivation and a flexible approach - our units operate 24 hours 7 days a week, and our nursing staff work shift patterns including weekends, bank holidays and nights.
- A commitment to patient-centred care and to values-based and evidence-based practice
- The drive to continually push your own personal learning and development
- Be recovery focused.
- Be conversant with CPA (Care Programme Approach).
- Being able to effectively manage the ward resources of a shift/daily basis
- Daily payroll
- Free DBS and compliance service
- Access to exclusive roles that aren't available with other agencies
- Your own dedicated consultant with extensive nursing knowledge
- Refer a Friend bonus - get £250 for each candidate you refer who we successfully place
- Find your own job bonus - Receive £250 for bringing your own position to us
- Clinical governance support
- In house payroll system
- Industry leading shift booking system
- Nationwide coverage including the Channel islands
This Registered Mental Health Nurse job is advertised by Paul Chittock; if you are interested in this position please click above to apply now.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.