Sanctuary Personnel, a leading and award winning recruitment agency is currently looking for an experienced and dedicated Band 5 Registered General Nurse to work based in Devizes.
The salary for this permanent Registered General Nurse job is £25,655 - £31,534 per annum.
- Provide and supervise the delivery of high standards of nursing care for the treatment and support of substance dependency
- Deliver care to clients in accordance with up-to-date evidence based professional practice, National Guidelines and Forward Trusts policies
- Work confidentially as an autonomous practitioner in the medical centre and as part of the wider multidisciplinary team, who are responsible for the delivery and monitoring of high standards of all relevant substance misuse interventions to clients presenting for substance misuse treatment
- Maintain the model of treatment, its structure and ethos in day to day practice
- Working within a health improvement framework, the post holder will provide holistic assessment, brief interventions, assess and monitor medical detoxification prescribed and other prescribed medications, treatment, crisis intervention and monitoring of the general physical and psychological health and wellbeing as required in the context of behaviour change leading to healthier lifestyle, triage for medical assessment by ANP, GP and/or psychiatrist
- Provide interventions and support for drug and alcohol users with complex needs as part of a 12 Step recovery programme
- Triage, assessment; administration of controlled drugs and other prescribed medication, Assessing and monitoring medical detoxifications, crisis intervention and support
- Liaise with other professionals and members of the wider multidisciplinary treatment team, in the planning and delivery of nursing care
- Promote the health and well-being of clients and maintain a safe, caring and therapeutic environment, which minimises risk at all times
- Ensure that Forward Policies and procedures relating to service provision are strictly adhered to
- Undertake initial health needs assessment on admission, to include mental health and substance use history and current use
- Develop, implement & regularly review care plans, ensuring the needs of each patient is met including, discharge and liaise with other agencies as/if appropriate
- Participate in the facilitation of group activities
- Carry out risk assessments paying attention to any adult /child safeguarding issues
- Develop and contribute to the ongoing and changing needs of patients, providing high quality services in line with contractual requirements
- Participate in the maintenance of general and specific patient observations, accurately recording all relevant information, and in risk assessments as required/directed
- Maintain, as required, ongoing records of clinical activities in client files and provide information as required and requested by other agencies where applicable and the wider multidisciplinary team
- Ensure all medication is administered following both NMC and National Guidelines and Forward policies and procedures (SOP’s)
- Participate in triage and other health assessment clinics
- Proactively approach integrated ways of working support and adopt a multi- disciplinary approach
- Meet targets and deadlines in accordance with contractual standards\
- Ensure nursing practice is in accordance with the NMC Code of Professional Conduct, Forward policies and established best practices which incorporates and respects differences in gender, sexuality, ethnicity, religion, culture and disability
Requirements of the Registered General Nurse:
- Degree or Adv. Diploma in Nursing - RGN, RMN or RNLD; with current UK Registration
- Be a proactive member of the treatment team
- Be competent in urine testing and interpreting the results and to report and record any unexpected results to the senior nurse on duty
- Be conversant with the use of basic counselling skills/equivalent and apply these in all client communication
- Be familiar with the requirements of the Department of Health Drug Misuse and Dependence UK Guidelines on Clinical Management and all other relevant policy and research updates as outlined in your supervision
- Ability to work within a multidisciplinary team
- Sound clinical knowledge
- Time management and organisational skills
- Assessment skills, including an understanding of risk assessments
- Ability to work within a Recovery model (12 Step)
- Strong IT skills
- Ability to treat service users with respect and dignity at all times, adopting a culturally sensitive approach, which considers the needs of the whole person
- Able to build constructive relationships with warmth and empathy, using good communication skills
- Awareness of health issues relating to substance misuse
- Robust knowledge of medication rounds and the safe storage and administration of medicines including controlled drugs
- Evidence of personal professional development in Nursing since registration
- Experience of key working and care planning
- Ability to regularly reflect in order to improve practice and undertake relevant training required
- Knowledge and understanding of infection control
- Knowledge of reporting maintenance requirements
- Post-registration experience in a clinical environment
- Counselling skills
- Proactivity – Quick thinking with a high level use of initiative
- Resilience – Solves problems, takes learning on board from mistakes to aid personal and professional growth
- Adaptability – Can work in fast-paced changing environments
- Confidence – Has confidence in own abilities, has good eye contact and able to communicate clearly and concisely
- Team Work – Works in harmony with colleagues to deliver results
- Open to Feedback - Open to constructive feedback in order to further develop
- Innovative – Continually searching for better ways of working
- Diploma/Degree in Substance Misuse or equivalent or willingness to undertake
This Registered General Nurse job is advertised by Sadiq Rahman; if you are interested in this position please click above to apply now.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.
As a pioneer of diverse recruitment, Sanctuary Personnel is proud to encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds as our pool of candidates is very much reflective of the clients that candidates will support within their role. This very much played a significant in previously winning ‘Best Candidate Care’ at the Recruiter Awards as well being a two-time finalist for the same award.
Sanctuary takes great pride in building candidate and client relationships that promote Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI).
With recruitment consultants and all other employees undertaking annual online training on EDI and many other compliance training courses, Sanctuary is best-placed to undertake a fair and thorough selection process.
If you consider yourself to have a disability or require any reasonable adjustment during the recruitment process or within the workplace, please highlight this at the earliest opportunity. With this information, we will provide appropriate support to you throughout the process and into your work placement.