Sanctuary Health has a permanent vacancy for an experienced and dedicated Radiographer specialising in Mammography to work in Peterborough. The ideal candidate will possess highly developed specialist knowledge of radiography and be registered with the HCPC.
The salary for this permanent Radiographer job is £30,401 to £37,267 per annum.
- To produce a consistently high standard of mammography and client/patient care ensuring an efficient service is maintained at all times.
- To operate in all locations and be involved in all aspects of screening and symptomatic work.
- Work with Advanced Practitioner Mammographers to manage the safe and time effective operation of equipment to maximise patient throughput and ensure efficient and safe delivery of imaging.
- To assess, image and manage a specialist workload and ensure all relevant records are maintained.
- To work closely with clinicians, physicists, imaging assistants, clerical staff and others providing specialist knowledge and expertise in breast imaging within the Trust.
- To provide Specialist training and act as a mentor to mammography students of all grades.
- To participate in MDT meetings and discussions, liaising with clinicians within the Trust and externally regarding the patients' clinical management.
- To participate in the implementation of new techniques and equipment.
- The unit has undertaken radiographer role extension and a suitable applicant may have the opportunity to undertake advanced practice training.
- Maintain high levels of accuracy in all aspects of mammographic imaging.
- To participate in the day to day running of the mammography service, including correct interpretation of clinician requests for imaging.
- To participate in the day to day running of the Breast Screening service both in the Breast Unit and on the mobile Breast Screening Unit.
- To authorise and prioritise patients requests for mammography and to arrange further appointments, with relevant administrative staff, for the patient as required e.g. Ultrasound.
- To produce mammograms of optimum quality, maintaining a quality experience for the client while adhering to time constraints.
- To assess mammographic images and make autonomous decisions on the need for re-imaging if image is of poor quality as required.
- To work to, having full knowledge and understanding of, NHSBSP guidelines and quality standards.
- To work to national and local protocols and procedures, but to contribute to modification and improvements to protocols and procedures.
- To participate in the QA Programme, undertaking testing of all equipment as per department regime, ensuring optimum conditions are in place before commencing clinical work.
- Guide and support junior staff to ensure a consistently high standard of clinical and technical care to patients and to minimise clinical risks and incidents.
- To have the underpinning knowledge to interpret QA test results and know how and when to take remedial action.
- Accurately input patient data into NBSS/PACS system as part of work pattern and understand how to troubleshoot basic problems with these systems.
Requirements of the Radiographer:
- Degree or equivalent within radiography
- Recent UK post qualifying experience working as a Radiographer
- Must be HCPC registered
This Radiographer job is advertised by Victor Rosado; if you are interested in this position please click above to apply now.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.