Sanctuary Social Care is currently looking for an experienced and dedicated Public health Practitioner to work full-time within Adult's Services in Newham. The ideal candidate will possess highly developed specialist knowledge of Social Work.
The pay rate for this locum Public health Practitioner job is £350 per day (Assignment rate) and is a 3-month contract.
Duties of the Public Health Practitioner:
- To lead and support the development of products within the public health work plan and improve population health and reduce inequalities through partnership working and influencing a wide range of stakeholders.
- Work with the Consultant in Public Health and Head of Public Health Commissioning on a number of complex areas of work, ensuring high quality public health advice, support and products are available as per the work plan and agreed milestones.
- support the provide specialist advice and support for the commissioning delivery, performance management and evaluation of cost effective high quality health programmes, services or interventions for the population of Newham operating within a evidence based, outcomes based environment.
- Contribute to and support Newham's Public Health intelligence and policy in the development of health needs assessments, health impact assessments and health equity audits and support the implementation of evidence based practice.
- to work independently and is professionally accountable directly to the Consultant in Public Health and line managed by the Head of Public Health; will have freedom to act and partially devolved responsibility to the lead areas of work.
- Communicate with and work alongside clinicians, GPs, managers, patient users, voluntary organisations, NHS England Area team and Public Health England across agencies drawing on a wealth of wider expertise from beyond Local Authority.
- To deputise for the Consultant in Public Health where deemed appropriate.
- To provide support and be supported by other specialist staff in the Department
Requirements of the Public health Practitioner:
- Degree or equivalent in Social Work.
- Experience working in a similar role
- Has attained, or is working towards Public Health Practitioner registration
- Graduate with specialist public health knowledge acquired through training
This Public health Practitioner job is advertised by change; if you are interested in this position please click below to apply now.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.