Sanctuary Personnel, an award-winning and renowned Recruitment Agency is looking for an experienced and dedicated Interim Consultant in Public Health to work based in Kent.
The pay rate for this locum Consultant in Public Health job is £600-£800 per day.
As the postholder you will be working with the DPH will lead on improving the health and wellbeing of the residents of Kent, which is underpinned by the statutory duty placed on local government to take such steps as it considers appropriate to improve health of its residents. The postholder will contribute to public health priorities. They will work with the Director of Public Health in the leadership of public health, and the delivery of public health improvement, health protection and health intelligence in Kent and the discharge of Local Authority public health functions.
- Lead on the development of needs assessments and contribute to strategic documentation,, commissioning recommendations and evaluations and review of clinical practice for local populations and services
- Work with, promote and maintain relationships a wide range of complex stakeholders with differing needs in a changing environment to deliver change in health status and clinical practice, encouraging collaborative working between stakeholders by way of formalised care and referral pathways
- Lead on incorporating the prevention agenda , designing and setting a robust evaluation and monitoring framework to ensure that it is making an impact on the urgent care side
- Provide expert public health advice and leadership to support and inform an evidence-based approach within ethical frameworks for commissioning and developing high quality equitable services, across primary, secondary and social care, and across sectors including local authorities, voluntary organisations, etc
- Responsible for development, implementation and delivery of national, regional and local policies, developing inter-agency and interdisciplinary strategic plans and programmes, with delegated Board or organisational authority to deliver key public health targets
- Develop and utilise information and intelligence systems to underpin public health action across disciplines and organisations, leading collation and interpretation of relevant data
- Contribute to public health research, and/or commission research audits/projects, and/or undertake research or audit
- The postholder will be expected to participate in the KCC staff and professional appraisal scheme and department audits and ensure appraisal and development of any staff for which he or she is responsible and be accountable for the management of staffing resources and department budgets
Requirements of the Consultant in Public Health:
- Inclusion in the GMC Specialist Register/GDC Specialist List/UK Public Health Register (UKPHR) for Public Health Specialists
- Applicants must meet minimum CPD requirements (i.e. be up to date) in accordance with Faculty of Public Health requirements or other recognised body
- Experience of working within a Project Management methodology
- Experience in the successful implementation of changes within both the department ,and in public health practice
- Experience of Supervision, operational management, training staff and managing resources within public health functions
- Experience of managing both staffing and commissioning budgets
- Ability to develop and implement PH strategy at a high level and apply this to the leadership of the workforce, ensuring that strategy is communicated at all levels
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and the ability to present detailed information to employees and stakeholders at all levels and through a variety of means, including dealing with the media
This Consultant in Public Health job is advertised by Billy Holland; if you are interested in this position please click above to apply now.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements regretfully.