Sanctuary Personnel, a leading and award winning recruitment agency is currently looking for an experienced and dedicated Band 6 Prison Nurse to work based in Exeter.
The pay rate for this locum Prison Nurse job is £30 - £34 per hour (Assignment rate) and is an initial 12-month contract.
- Plan, implement and evaluate the delivery of high-quality nursing care to the prisoner population
- Promote health and well-being within the prisoner population
- Be an effective member of the health care team
- Support and make a professional contribution to the development of prison nursing/healthcare through case conferences
- Contribute ideas to help formulate policy within the healthcare service
- Run health promotion / harm-minimisation clinics in specific disease-related areas (after a period of training and familiarisation)
- Ensure that clinics run smoothly and meet national and local priorities and guidelines
- Work with Team Leaders to regularly review and evaluate the effectiveness of such clinics and assist in the planning of change
- Respond to medical emergencies as emergency responder, co-ordinating care and providing primary clinical care of a high standard to patients
- Deliver a high standard of clinical care in the primary care, emergency care, harm minimisation, health promotion and occupational health remits of prison healthcare; within the extent of your role, experience and level of expertise
- Participate in the planning, delivery and evaluation of healthcare services to patients through meetings, working groups and regular liaison with colleagues
- Support junior staff in their development by encouragement, informal teaching, mentoring and preceptorship
- Provide appropriate and timely health promotion interventions/strategies
- Undertake initial and follow-up individual health assessments at reception and health screening, referring to appropriate guidelines
- Participate in pre-release activities pertinent to healthcare
- Facilitate prisoner referrals to appropriate clinical services
- Work in close partnership with other members of the multi-disciplinary team in the prison
- Personally and accurately record all healthcare activity within the patient’s clinical records (and in the future on Healthcare IT systems) ensuring compliance with the NMC Standards for Record Keeping guidelines and local policy
- Work with members of statutory and voluntary agencies to provide appropriate care to meet the assessed nursing needs of patients
Requirements of the Prison Nurse:
- Registered Nurse (Adult) with current NMC registration
- Be aware of NHS England and Prison Service policies and protocols and use these to support the delivery of nursing care to prisoners
- Be aware of psychiatric interventions and deliver within level of competency appropriate nursing care
- Willing to undertake a Disclosure and Barring Service disclosure at the enhanced level
- A HMPPS (Her Majesties Prison and Probation Service) clearance in accordance with Ministry of Justice
- Continuing professional development
- Evidence of partnership working involving both statutory and voluntary agencies
- Post registration experience & more than one speciality preferably in A&E or primary care
- Experience of face to face patient contact
- Experience of working autonomously
- Ability to gain the appropriate level of patient consent
- Prior experience working in a primary health care setting
- Be able to show a working knowledge of health promotion activity
- Assessment skills, including an understanding of risk assessments
- Evidence of knowledge in: health promotion/clinical governance/national initiatives e.g. NICE guidelines/pharmacology/evidence based practice
- Committed to customer care and first class service provision
- Flexible attitude to working arrangements
- Ability to work within a pressurised environment
- Ability to work within a multidisciplinary team
Benefits of working for Sanctuary Personnel:
- Free DBS and compliance service
- Daily payroll
- Access to exclusive roles that aren't available with other agencies
- Your own dedicated consultant with extensive prison nursing knowledge
- Refer a Friend bonus - get £250 for each candidate you refer who we successfully place
- Find your own job bonus - Receive £250 for bringing your own position to us
- Clinical governance support
- In house payroll system
- Industry leading shift booking system
- Nationwide coverage including the Channel islands
This Prison Nurse job is advertised by Alex Herd; if you are interested in this position please click above to apply now.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.
As a pioneer of diverse recruitment, Sanctuary Personnel is proud to encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds as our pool of candidates is very much reflective of the clients that candidates will support within their role. This very much played a significant in previously winning ‘Best Candidate Care’ at the Recruiter Awards as well being a two-time finalist for the same award.
Sanctuary takes great pride in building candidate and client relationships that promote Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI).
With recruitment consultants and all other employees undertaking annual online training on EDI and many other compliance training courses, Sanctuary is best-placed to undertake a fair and thorough selection process.
If you consider yourself to have a disability or require any reasonable adjustment during the recruitment process or within the workplace, please highlight this at the earliest opportunity. With this information, we will provide appropriate support to you throughout the process and into your work placement.