Sanctuary Health is currently looking for an experienced and dedicated Practice Nurse to work full-time based in Market Drayton. The ideal candidate will possess highly developed specialist knowledge of nursing and be registered with the NMC.
The pay rate for this Practice Nurse role is £18.93 up to £20.63 per hour (Assignment rate) and a £2,500 welcome bonus.
- To work according to the NMC Code of Professional Conduct and relevant professional guidelines as a named nurse or key worker for a defined group of patients.
- Provide professional nursing input and care for patients across the hospital/unit.
- Take the lead role in the provision and facilitation of a physical well-being clinic for all patients, e.g. Well Men and Women's clinic, health screening, smoking reduction/cessation, fitness, health and weight management.
- Liaise with the General Practice and take the lead for infection control and providing a response to minor injuries and medication ordering.
- To adopt a flexible approach to hours of duty, in order to meet the needs of the service.
- Responsible for providing high quality nursing care for patients across the unit as appropriate and required.
- Responsible for providing practice nursing support, leadership, advice and guidance to members of the multi-disciplinary team to ensure high standards of care are provided to all patients at all times with specific responsibilities for the physical well-being of patients across the unit.
- Responsible for supporting the Pharmacist and overseeing medication ordering and stock control across the unit, including audits.
- Take a lead role in developing and facilitating service-wide well-being initiatives and health promotion.
- Take a lead role in the physical care standards, ensuring the achievement of consistently high quality services and investigate / implement corrective actions as appropriate.
- Support nursing colleagues with advice and guidance regarding care planning and management of patients' physical conditions.
- Take responsibility for the resourcing, upkeep and organisation of the clinical treatment room, maintaining and auditing emergency equipment and maintenance of the first aid boxes on site.
- Take a lead role in the unit for Infection Control issues.
Requirements of the Practice Nurse:
- Valid NMC registration
- Degree or equivalent in Nursing
- UK Experience as a Registered Nurse
- An in-date DBS is required
- Previous NHS experience is desirable
This Practice Nurse job is advertised by Marlon Sorhaindo; if you are interested in this position please click above to apply now.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.