Sanctuary Social Care is currently looking for an experienced and dedicated Practice Manager to fill a full-time role within a Children's Services based in Slough, within eh Family Placements Service.
The pay rate for this locum Practice Manager job is £40 per hour (Assignment rate) and is an initial 3-month contract.
- To provide effective and efficient management of family placement team staff, ensuring compliance with statutory requirements and departmental eligibility criteria in order to meet local and national policies and standards
- To report to and sit on Fostering panel as an adviser or social work representative, where appropriate
- To contribute to the development of quality standards, performance indicators and best practice in line with the Quality Assurance and Performance Management frameworks, including ensuring these are sensitive to ethnic, cultural and religious needs and those of other disadvantaged groups
- To develop, support and maintain good social work practice; ensure adherence to policies and procedures and provide management oversight to ensure that risk is identified and managed in a systematic and timely way that is sensitive to the needs of the community in Slough
- To contribute to and generate reports and data collection for Ofsted, including Reg 35 reports
- To plan and monitor the team's performance using management information systems and regular direct observation of work
- To oversee and monitor case recording and decision making, including chairing meetings, conferences and reviews as required and to have regular meetings with colleagues to ensure the effective flow of work and the transfer of cases
- To supervise members of the fostering service and undertake regular personal and case supervision and appraisals
- To challenge (respectfully but firmly) and scrutinise practice and ensure continuous improvement, identifying capability gaps within the service and taking appropriate action to improve staff performance
- To collate data and monitor performance data of staff and the service
- To maintain an awareness of changes in legislation and regulation guidance and ensure policies and procedures of Slough are kept up-to-date and all staff and foster carers remain informed of change
- A recognised and relevant professional social work qualification (Degree / Diploma in Social Work).
- Registered on Social Work England.
- Management experience is essential.
This Practice Manager job is advertised by Leon Ali; if you are interested in this position please click above to apply now.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.