Are you interesting in developing your social work career?
Sanctuary Social Care is currently looking for an experienced and dedicated Social Worker to work full-time as a Practice Manager in a Children's Service Team based in Bournemouth. The ideal candidate will possess highly developed specialist knowledge of social work practice in children services and be registered with the HCPC.
The pay rate for this locum Practice Manager job is £38 (LTD Company Equivalent) per hour and is an initial 3-month contract.
- To support the Team Manager in the co-ordination of the work within the team. Development of systems within the team that will promote evidence based good practice.
- To provide advice and support to colleagues within Children's Services regarding the specialist aspects of work with clients and carers within the postholder's service group, and to supervise staff as delegated by the Team Manager.
- Take responsibility for promoting, developing and supporting diversity within the team.
- Maintain essential records in accordance with the policies of Children's Services, and to make available statistical information and records as required.
- Undertake such statutory duties as are required for the work for the service group, or to cover local office duties.
- Be accountable to the Team Manager for the quality of the team's work undertaken, against agreed performance standards and to advise the team manager of any concerns, which may affect the standard of performance required.
- Chair meetings as delegated by the Team Manager and to chair various forums and meetings as required by Senior Management.
- Keep the Team Manager informed of all issues related to clients and carers needs that have implications for service development and service standards.
- Carry out team duties as required, particularly in the absence of colleagues.
- Undertake joint work with colleagues within Children's Services, and with colleagues for the other agencies as relevant to the effective delivery of services to clients and carers.
- Use computer systems for the purpose of maintaining records as required within the service group.
- Be responsible for attending training courses and taking advantage of staff development opportunities in order to improve knowledge and skills for the benefit of service delivery.
- Contribute to the delivery of training to staff, carers or clients, as agreed by the Team Manager, and in the context of Children's Services training requirements, and undertake, or be willing to undertake, practice teaching for students on professional qualifying courses as required.
- Work within an agreed budget (s) as relevant to the function of the team and to undertake recording and monitoring of expenditure, as required by the Team Manager.
- Participate in the recruitment, selection, retention of staff in accordance with Children's Services policies, procedures and standards.
- To undertaken other comparable or lesser duties as required by the Team Manager or Service Manager, on behalf of Children's Services.
Requirements of the Practice Manager:
- Degree or equivalent in social work
- Current HCPC registration
- Significant senior level frontline experience within children services
This Practice Manager job is advertised by Mark Andrews; if you are interested in this position please click below to apply now.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.
If you consider yourself to have a disability or require any reasonable adjustment during the recruitment process or within the workplace, please highlight this at the earliest opportunity by contacting us. With this information, we will provide appropriate support to you throughout the process and into your work placement.