Sanctuary Social Care is currently looking for an experienced and dedicated Practice Leader to work full-time within Interventions based in Newham. The ideal candidate will possess highly developed specialist knowledge of Social Work practice in Children Services and be registered with the HCPC.
The pay rate for this locum Practice Leader job is £38-£42 per hour (LTD Company Equivalent) and is a 5-month contract.
About the role:
Lead a social work unit of staff, delivering a high quality effective social work service that promotes the safety and well being of children contributes to the development of resilient communities and supports positive outcomes for vulnerable children and their families.
- The post holder reports to the Service Manager and is responsible for ensuring that their unit is working towards achieving the outcomes set out in current Service and Improvement Plans
- The post holder is responsible for a statutory social work service that has an impact on the overall performance of the council, public and individual service users
- The post holder has line management responsibility for a social work unit of six social workers. This role entails the recruitment, induction and managing the on-going performance and development of unit staff in line with the national skills and knowledge framework for social workers
- The post holder has responsibility for a delegated unit budget for staffing and service users and for managing expenditure in line with their unit budget
- The post holder will have responsibility to work with other agencies on projects and service developments which promote an integrated approach and multi-disciplinary working
Requirements of the Practice Leader:
- Degree or equivalent in Social Work.
- Current HCPC registration.
- Significant post-qualifying experience in Children's Social Care.
This Practice Leader job is advertised by Kelly Page; if you are interested in this position please click above to apply now.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.
If you consider yourself to have a disability or require any reasonable adjustment during the recruitment process or within the workplace, please highlight this at the earliest opportunity. With this information, we will provide appropriate support to you throughout the process and into your work placement.