Sanctuary Personnel, a leading recruitment company to the private and public sector has a permanent vacancy for a Positive Behaviour Support Practitioner to work 35 hours per week, based in Ascot.
The salary for this permanent Positive Behaviour Support Practitioner job is £26,302 per annum.
- 08:30 am – 16:30 pm
- Work as part of the multi-disciplinary therapy team, directly supporting students with Autism and providing a high level of expertise, advice and support to staff on Autism-specific strategies and the implementation of Positive Behaviour Support
- Developing strategies around communication; understanding and addressing sensory differences and teaching independent living skills and coping strategies which will reduce the need for individuals to resort to behaviours which may challenge
- Identifying appropriate adaptations to the physical and school environment to ensure that optimum support is provided to our students
Requirements of the Positive Behaviour Support Practitioner:
- Specific qualification or accredited training in Positive Behaviour Support
- Experience of working with children with Autism and/or Learning Disabilities and Complex Behaviour
- Ability to plan and carry out assessments of complex behaviours using a range of methodologies including observation, interview and structured recording
- Extensive knowledge of Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) and the support needs of individuals with this condition
- Ability to communicate effectively and to present complex ideas in a clear and understandable way, including in written form
- Ability to work within Professional Guidelines
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to deal with complex emotional issues with service users, carers and staff
- Excellent organisational skills
- Ability to prioritise the workload to meet specified deadlines
- IT skills including the ability to use Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Ability to meet the travelling requirements of the role including travel between local services
- Experience of working in a multi-disciplinary setting
- Experience of liaising with external agencies
- Experience of developing and reviewing Positive Behaviour Support plans
- Previous experience of supporting staff teams
Benefits of working for Sanctuary Personnel:
- Daily payroll
- Free DBS and compliance service
- Access to exclusive roles that aren't available with other agencies
- Your own dedicated consultant with extensive nursing knowledge
- Refer a Friend bonus - get £250 for each candidate you refer who we successfully place
- Find your own job bonus - Receive £250 for bringing your own position to us
- Clinical governance support
- In house payroll system
- Industry-leading shift booking system
- Nationwide coverage including the Channel islands
This Positive Behaviour Support Practitioner job is advertised by Paul Chittock; if you are interested in this position please click above to apply now.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.
Ability to communicate effectively and to present complex ideas in a clear and understandable way, including in written form.