Sanctuary Personnel, a committed and competitive recruitment agency is currently looking for an experienced and dedicated Band 5 Pharmacy Technician based in Ealing.
The pay rate for this locum Pharmacy Technician job is £24-£25 per hour (Assignment rate) and is a 1-month contract.
- Provide a consistently highly specialist pharmaceutical service for all patients seen within the Dispensing for Discharge and Acute wards in line with Trust and national standards in order to meet all Clinical Governance requirements.
- To assist in providing a framework for the safe, efficient and cost-effective use of medicine resources within the Dispensing For Discharge and Acute wards, by the provision of education and training, procedures, policies and guidelines, medicines usage information, and clinical audit.
- Complete Medicines reconciliation within a timely manner in order to meet NICE guidance.
- Provide advice to patients, carers, and healthcare professionals on medication issues in order to achieve the best outcomes for the patients, as well as providing pharmaceutical training, supervision and support for colleagues.
- Once accredited, to final accuracy check clinically screened prescriptions for a minimum of eight hours per month within the dispensary or at ward level to maintain the accredited checking pharmacy technician (ACPT) competency in line with the Health Education England London and South East guidelines.
- After completion of a recognised Medicines Management/Optimisation course, to provide a safe and consistent ward-based service assessed through 6 monthly accompanied ward visits.
- Assist in the training of nursing and pharmacy staff on dispensing for discharge scheme.
- Support the provision and expansion of the dispensing for discharge service across the Trust.
- Assist in devising and implementing standards, policies and procedures for ward-based activities ensuring these are followed at all times.
- To be responsible for the Continuing Professional Development and overall performance of all staff in the Pharmacy department, with regards to medicines used within the Acute Assessment Units.
- To provide regular support to the dispensary and on a day-to-day basis assist in managing the Dispensing for Discharge service.
Requirements of the Pharmacy Technician:
- GPHC Registration.
- Postgraduate pharmacy experience.
- BTEC/NVQ Level 3 in Pharmaceutical Sciences.
- Evidence of Continuing Professional Development.
- Hospital pharmacy experience.
- Knowledge of medicines management initiatives.
- Knowledge of CPD – identifies own training needs, actively seeks training opportunities, and maintains a portfolio of practice.
- Knowledge of common medicines to be able to accurately counsel patients and carers.
- Knowledge of IT packages such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Flexible approach to working methods.
- Able to work independently and as part of a team.
Benefits of working for Sanctuary Personnel:
- Free DBS and compliance service
- Daily payroll
- Access to exclusive roles that aren't available with other agencies
- Your own dedicated consultant with extensive pharmacy knowledge
- Refer a Friend bonus - get £250 for each candidate you refer who we successfully place
- Find your own job bonus - Receive £250 for bringing your own position to us
- Clinical governance support
- In house payroll system
- Industry-leading shift booking system
- Nationwide coverage including the Channel Islands
This Band 5 Pharmacy Technician job is advertised by Phil Hanton; if you are interested in this position please click above to apply now.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.
As a pioneer of diverse recruitment, Sanctuary Personnel is proud to encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds as our pool of candidates is very much reflective of the clients that candidates will support within their role. This very much played a significant in previously winning ‘Best Candidate Care’ at the Recruiter Awards as well being a two-time finalist for the same award.
Sanctuary takes great pride in building candidate and client relationships that promote Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI).
With recruitment consultants and all other employees undertaking annual online training on EDI and many other compliance training courses, Sanctuary is best-placed to undertake a fair and thorough selection process.
If you consider yourself to have a disability or require any reasonable adjustment during the recruitment process or within the workplace, please highlight this at the earliest opportunity. With this information, we will provide appropriate support to you throughout the process and into your work placement.