Sanctuary Personnel, a committed and competitive recruitment agency is currently looking for an experienced and dedicated Band 5 Pharmacy Technician to fill a full-time role based in Harrow.
The pay rate for this locum Pharmacy Technician job is £24-£25 per hour (Assignment rate) and is a 1-month contract.
- Provide information regarding chemotherapy and parenteral nutrition to pharmacy staff, external sales customers and ward staff.
- Assisting senior pharmacist and chief technician in Aseptic services in monitoring all staff to ensure adherence to standard operating procedures as required in the Aseptic production of chemotherapy and TPN.
- Assist in resolving day to day problems or issues affecting resources or the service provision which require co-operation to achieve standards set out by Medicinal and HealthCare Regulatory Authority (MHRA).
- Provide information when dealing with complaint from service users in chemotherapy and TPN reconstitution services.
- Ensuring sensitive information regarding drugs and chemotherapy regimen are confidential during processing of chemotherapy regimen for patients.
- Assist the chief technician in liaising with manufacturer or supplier to ensure adequate supply of cytotoxic and TPN stocks and consumables for the running of the TPN and chemotherapy unit.
- Attend or chair departmental meetings, communicating to all staff issues of Good Manufacturing Practice compliance and other issues within the department.
- Liaise with student technicians communicating issues and resolving problems.
- Participate in the recruitment of student technicians and junior technicians if required.
- Identify training needs and carry out staff training for junior member of staff with the agreement of Chief Technician and Senior pharmacist.
- Ensure that staff working in the unit are adequately trained and competent, updated as necessary and records kept.
Requirements of the Pharmacy Technician:
- GPHC Registration.
- Postgraduate pharmacy experience.
- BTEC in Pharmaceutical science.
- Mandatory CPD to maintain fitness to practice.
- Good knowledge on Aseptic Services Ability to generate new ideas and ways of working to support the Trust’s strategy and objectives.
- Substantive experience post-qualification working experience in Pharmacy and in Aseptic services.
Benefits of working for Sanctuary Personnel:
- Free DBS and compliance service
- Daily payroll
- Access to exclusive roles that aren't available with other agencies
- Your own dedicated consultant with extensive pharmacy knowledge
- Refer a Friend bonus - get £250 for each candidate you refer who we successfully place
- Find your own job bonus - Receive £250 for bringing your own position to us
- Clinical governance support
- In house payroll system
- Industry-leading shift booking system
- Nationwide coverage including the Channel Islands
This Band 5 Pharmacy Technician job is advertised by Phil Hanton; if you are interested in this position please click above to apply now.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.
As a pioneer of diverse recruitment, Sanctuary Personnel is proud to encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds as our pool of candidates is very much reflective of the clients that candidates will support within their role. This very much played a significant in previously winning ‘Best Candidate Care’ at the Recruiter Awards as well being a two-time finalist for the same award.
Sanctuary takes great pride in building candidate and client relationships that promote Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI).
With recruitment consultants and all other employees undertaking annual online training on EDI and many other compliance training courses, Sanctuary is best-placed to undertake a fair and thorough selection process.
If you consider yourself to have a disability or require any reasonable adjustment during the recruitment process or within the workplace, please highlight this at the earliest opportunity. With this information, we will provide appropriate support to you throughout the process and into your work placement.