Sanctuary Personnel, a leading recruitment company to the private and public sector has a locum vacancy for a Band 7 Pharmacist to work based in Rotherham.
The pay rate for this locum Pharmacist job is £28 - £30 per hour (Assignment rate – depending on experience) and is a 6-month contract, which is likely to be extended.
- Perform medicines reconciliation on admission or as soon as possible after admission
- Participate in the on-call rota for the pharmacy – offering advice as needed and attending as key holder to dispense medicines when required
- Provide a high quality, cost effective and efficient patient centred clinical pharmacy service to the patients in the medical division and within the pharmacy department, advising on all aspects of drug management and changes in treatment to ensure the safe and cost effective use of medicines
- Review prescriptions and supply drugs as necessary ensuring compliance with medicines legislation and safety
- Be a liaison between primary and secondary care to ensure the continued supply of, and provide expert information on drugs for individual patients
- Promote the safe, efficient and economical use of medicines within the Trust, this to be achieved by actively instigating and supporting drug use evaluation programmes, and interpretation of all information available on medicines where there are differing consensus of opinions
- Participate in audit related to medicines management and ward services
- Advise nursing and medical staff on the correct storage, use and administration of pharmaceutical products
Requirements of the Pharmacist:
- Must be registered on the GPHC as a pharmacist
- Must have a relevant qualification in pharmacy
- Previous NHS experience
Benefits of working for Sanctuary Personnel:
- Free DBS and compliance service
- Daily payroll
- Access to exclusive roles that aren't available with other agencies
- Your own dedicated consultant with extensive pharmacy knowledge
- Refer a Friend bonus - get £250 for each candidate you refer who we successfully place
- Find your own job bonus - Receive £250 for bringing your own position to us
- Clinical governance support
- In house payroll system
- Industry leading shift booking system
- Nationwide coverage including the Channel islands
This Pharmacist job is advertised by Phil Hanton; if you are interested in this position please click above to apply now.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.