Sanctuary Personnel, an innovative and committed recruitment agency has a job based in Chilworth for a Band 8a Pathology Manager.
The pay rate for this locum Pathology Manager job is £35 per hour (Assignment rate) and is a 12-month contract.
- Managerially and professionally accountable for all Biomedical scientists, Associate Practitioners and Biomedical Support Workers that work within their area
- Managerially accountable for AHPs & BSWs
- Manage the staff and resource of a section within the laboratory
- Deliver a high quality service that meets the needs of the patients and service users
- Manage training and education of all grades of staff within the section
- Liaise with other healthcare professionals to develop and maximise the effectiveness of the service
- Manage the provision of a highly specialised clinical/scientific service that assists in the diagnosis, monitoring and treatment of patients
- Manage work arising from NHS, private, commercial and clinical trials organisations
- Be line manager for staff within an area, participating in recruitment, sickness management, grievance resolution, undertaking staff appraisal and disciplinary investigations and hearings
- Participate in a rota to take responsibility for the entire department and the delivery of its service
- Monitor performance of staff within the area and develop and manage staff to meet the needs of the service
- Be a key member of the team responsible for the evaluation and procurement of capital equipment according to European regulations
- Maintain fiscal awareness and hold a virtual budget controlling expenditure within the area
- Rotate as manager into other areas of the department as necessary for the maintenance of the service
- Participate in all aspects of clinical governance in relation to audit and quality
- Plan the work within the department, reallocating tasks according to changes in urgency or other circumstances, liaising with staff from other departments or professions as necessary
- Maximise productivity by making the best use of available resources
- Maintain efficient stock levels of consumables
- Manage and take responsibility for the safe use of analytical systems and organise essential repairs in liaison with suppliers
- Supervise the generation and implementation of documentation to ensure the Department meets EU and national quality standards (CPA, MHRA, ISO15189 etc)
- Collate and investigate adverse clinical incidents through the Trust risk management system and implement preventative or corrective action(s) to improve the safety and efficiency of overall service
- Write, maintain and authorise sectional standard operating procedures according to the quality management system
- Cover for the Operations Manager as required
- Co-ordinate the planned staff deployment and rotation within the laboratory
- Co-ordinate staff during outbreaks and maximize productivity by making the best uses of available resources
- Participate in the senior management steering group
- Chair sectional meetings and feedback information/suggestions for improvements in local policies and procedures to the steering group
- Lead in the evaluation and implementation of new equipment, techniques and protocols
- Be involved with the laboratory management team in the long-term development and planning for the department with respect to methods, equipment and staffing
- Participate in and actively contribute to the Trust’s R&D programme
- Participate in internal audit utilising formal systems defined within the departmental clinical audit and quality management systems
- Institute proposed changes relating to corrective/preventative actions arising from formal audits
- Assist in departmental research and development projects and clinical trials as appropriate
- Supervise student projects as appropriate
- Be responsible for the maintenance, quality and validity of results generated within the section
- Provide and receive multifaceted analytical results used in the diagnosis, management and care of patients
- Provide advice on collection of specimens and significance of results
- Analyse specimens for screening, diagnostic purposes and the clinical management of patients
Requirements of the Pathology Manager:
- HCPC registered
- Must have a relevant qualification in biomedical science or alternative qualification
- Post qualifying experience within biomedical science
- Be open, honest, and willing to acknowledge when something has gone wrong
Benefits of working for Sanctuary Personnel:
- Daily payroll
- Free DBS and compliance service
- Access to exclusive roles that aren't available with other agencies
- Your own dedicated consultant with extensive biomedical science knowledge
- Refer a Friend bonus - get £250 for each candidate you refer who we successfully place
- Find your own job bonus - Receive £250 for bringing your own position to us
- Clinical governance support
- In house payroll system
- Industry-leading shift booking system
- Nationwide coverage including the Channel islands
This Pathology Manager job is advertised by Tom Baldry; if you are interested in this position please click above to apply now.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.
As a pioneer of diverse recruitment, Sanctuary Personnel is proud to encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds as our pool of candidates is very much reflective of the clients that candidates will support within their role. This very much played a significant in previously winning ‘Best Candidate Care’ at the Recruiter Awards as well being a two-time finalist for the same award.
Sanctuary takes great pride in building candidate and client relationships that promote Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI).
With recruitment consultants and all other employees undertaking annual online training on EDI and many other compliance training courses, Sanctuary is best-placed to undertake a fair and thorough selection process.
If you consider yourself to have a disability or require any reasonable adjustment during the recruitment process or within the workplace, please highlight this at the earliest opportunity. With this information, we will provide appropriate support to you throughout the process and into your work placement.