Sanctuary Personnel, a leading and award-winning recruitment agency is currently looking for an experienced and dedicated Social Worker to work as a Personal Advisor within a Fostering Team based in Bedford.
The salary for this permanent Panel Advisor role is £44,863 - £48,797 per annum.
- Manage the Council’s Fostering Panel in order that fostering work is coordinated effectively within legal requirements and policies determined by the Senior Leadership Team.
- Act as an advisor to Children’s Services staff and other stakeholders on fostering matters, including matters relating to regulations, minimum standards and good practice issues.
- Organise and monitor effectively the work of the Fostering Panel to meet the needs of children and foster carers across the Council areas, including taking responsibility for managing the agendas and prioritising cases.
- Organise, and provide directly, training for panel members, in order to ensure up to date knowledge of regulations, guidance and research.
- Provide professional advice, training, monitoring to social care staff so that they can deliver services of high quality and achieve optimum potential for service users in relation to fostering practice and process.
- Maintain and creatively develop services in response to identified needs.
- Provide, maintain and analyse management information and assist with developing strategic plans, services and resources for children and families.
- Implement quality assurance methods to monitor and improve service and professional reports, with reference to Regulations, National Minimum Standards, Statutory Guidance and Performance Indicators.
- Provide detailed reports on the work of the Fostering Service to the Senior Leadership Team and Elected Members.
- Contribute to the development of overall quality assurance systems, including work with the Child Care and Review Teams.
Requirements of the Panel Advisor:
- Degree or equivalent in social work
- Current Social Work England registration
- Previous experience within frontline children’s social work
This Panel Advisor job is advertised by Lucy Pearson; if you are interested in this position please click above to apply now.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.
As a pioneer of diverse recruitment, Sanctuary Personnel is proud to encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds as our pool of candidates is very much reflective of the clients that candidates will support within their role. This very much played a significant in previously winning ‘Best Candidate Care’ at the Recruiter Awards as well being a two-time finalist for the same award.
Sanctuary takes great pride in building candidate and client relationships that promote Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI).
With recruitment consultants and all other employees undertaking annual online training on EDI and many other compliance training courses, Sanctuary is best-placed to undertake a fair and thorough selection process.
If you consider yourself to have a disability or require any reasonable adjustment during the recruitment process or within the workplace, please highlight this at the earliest opportunity. With this information, we will provide appropriate support to you throughout the process and into your work placement.