Sanctuary Health is currently looking for an experienced and dedicated Band 4 Palliative Occupational Therapy Assistant to work in Northampton on a part-time basis (22.5 hours per week). The ideal candidate will possess highly developed specialist knowledge of Occupational Therapy.
The pay rate for this locum Occupational Therapy Assistant job is £15.91 per hour (Assignment rate) and is an initial 2-month ongoing contract.
- Proving face to face assessment and treatment plans to Hospice inpatients on the advice of the Occupational Therapy/Physiotherapy
- Providing follow up support to patients in the community to ensure equipment has been delivered and is fitted correctly
- Supporting patients with ADL assessments and being 2nd person with mobility and ADL assessments
- Prescribing low-level equipment if a person has a skill set to do this. Supporting therapists and clinical team with patient discharge planning
- Offering basic advice and guidance to patients around fatigue management related to ADL's
Requirements of the Occupational Therapy Assistant:
- Recent NHS experience either pre or post-qualification
- Experience as an Occupational Therapist Assistant
- S1 and Smartcard required
- Must be a car driver (to support home reviews)
This Occupational Therapy Assistant job is advertised by Alex Blackwell; if you are interested in this position please click above to apply now.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.