Sanctuary Personnel, a leading recruitment company within the private and public sector has a locum role for a Band 7 Paediatric Occupational Therapist to work full-time based in Guernsey.
The pay rate for this locum Paediatric Occupational Therapist job is £34-£36 per hour (Assignment rate) and is a 12-month ongoing contract.
- Support the Lead for Children's Occupational Therapy to deliver a professional and effective Occupational Therapy Service across the Bailiwick of Guernsey
- Contribute to service development and clinical and service audits as requested
- To develop and deliver training courses for staff, parents, teachers, and other professionals as relevant to the service
- To supervise junior Occupational Therapy staff, students, and volunteers
- To manage and co-ordinate a defined caseload of children and young people with complex needs from birth to 18 years. This will include neurological conditions, Cerebral Palsy, orthopaedic, rheumatology, developmental delays and learning disabilities, and life limiting conditions
- To be responsible for assessment (gross and fine motor skills, sensory processing, social skills, moving and handling, daily living, and independence skills) and the implementation of evidence based intervention plans
- To set function goals in collaboration with the young person/parents/carers and multi-disciplinary team using standardised outcome measures
- To work as part of a multi-disciplinary sharing information and working together to meet the needs of children and young people and their families
Requirements of the Paediatric Occupational Therapist:
- Degree or equivalent within Occupational Therapy.
- HCPC registered as an Occupational Therapist.
- At least two years of post-qualification experience as a Band 6 Occupational Therapist with children and young people with additional and complex needs and neurodisability.
- Specialist knowledge and skills (relevant to paediatric Occupational Therapy) in assessment, treatment, and long term management of children with complex needs.
- Advanced clinical reasoning to; interpret assessment results, formulate individual management plans and to set individual goals using evidenced based practice and relevant outcome measures.
Benefits of working for Sanctuary Personnel:
- Free DBS and compliance service
- Daily payroll
- Access to exclusive roles that aren't available with other agencies
- Your own dedicated consultant with extensive occupational therapy knowledge
- Refer a Friend bonus - get £250 for each candidate you refer who we successfully place
- Find your own job bonus - Receive £250 for bringing your own position to us
- Clinical governance support
- In house payroll system
- Industry leading shift booking system
- Nationwide coverage including the Channel Islands
This Band 7 Paediatric Occupational Therapist job is advertised by Ross Welton; if you are interested in this position please click above to apply now.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.
As a pioneer of diverse recruitment, Sanctuary Personnel is proud to encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds as our pool of candidates is very much reflective of the clients that candidates will support within their role. This very much played a significant in previously winning ‘Best Candidate Care’ at the Recruiter Awards as well being a two-time finalist for the same award.
Sanctuary takes great pride in building candidate and client relationships that promote Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI).
With recruitment consultants and all other employees undertaking annual online training on EDI and many other compliance training courses, Sanctuary is best-placed to undertake a fair and thorough selection process.
If you consider yourself to have a disability or require any reasonable adjustment during the recruitment process or within the workplace, please highlight this at the earliest opportunity. With this information, we will provide appropriate support to you throughout the process and into your work placement.