Sanctuary Personnel, a leading recruitment company to the private and public sector has a permanent vacancy for a Band 5 Orthopaedic Staff Nurse to work based in Guernsey, within the Orthopaedic Unit.
The salary for this permanent Orthopaedic Staff Nurse job is £29,110 - £37,676 per annum.
- Supervise and participate in the professional and skills development of qualified and unqualified nursing staff
- Assist newly appointed nursing staff to progress to the same level of competence
- Be responsible for assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating programmes of care for patients
- Deliver care in accordance with current ward philosophy
- Adhere to policies, procedures and guidelines contained within the Health and Social Services Policy Folders
- Under the direction of the nurse in charge regularly act as ward co-ordinator
- Take charge of the ward and supervise nursing staff on a regular basis
- Act as a clinical supervisor and preceptor to develop skills of first and second level nurses, and nursing auxiliaries
- Act as a key figure in assisting new staff in complete orientation and induction programmes
- Guidance in relation to furthering personal development shall take place through regular formalised appraisal and performance reviews
- Show awareness and work towards meeting the agreed aims and objectives of the ward
- Put into practice the theory and principles of the agreed nursing model
- Manage total care of a group of patients within the sphere of competence
- Ensure communication given to and received from other members of the multi disciplinary team is effective
- Ensure positive outcomes by putting into everyday working practice the structure and process to meet agreed standards for nursing care
- Comply with the locally agreed framework for the scope of professional practice
- Undertake nursing procedures in accordance with the Royal Marsden Manual of Clinical Nursing Procedures
Requirements of the Orthopaedic Staff Nurse:
Active NMC Registration
Understand and adhere to the principles contained within the ward philosophy
Be conversant with and adhere to the Nursing and Midwifery Council Code of Professional Conduct
This Orthopaedic Staff Nurse job is advertised by Craig Osborne; if you are interested in this position please click above to apply now.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements regretfully.