Sanctuary Personnel, a leading recruitment company within the private and public sector has a locum role for an Occupational Therapist to work full-time based in Wakefield as a Wheelchair Therapist.
The pay rate for this locum Occupational Therapist job is £40 per hour (Assignment rate) and is a 3-month contract.
- Work as part of the Wheelchair Services Team.
- Direct patient contact, in relation to the provision of a highly specialist intervention using evidence based, client centred principles to assess, plan, implement and evaluate interventions.
- Hold a case load of standard and complex clients, children and adults.
Requirements of the Occupational Therapist:
- Degree or equivalent within Occupational Therapy.
- HCPC registered as an Occupational Therapist.
- At least two years of experience either pre or post qualification
- Have a good operational knowledge of the service eligibility criteria and apply this consistently and equitably to all client groups.
- Have a broad knowledge of anatomy, physiology, medical conditions and their effects on and implications for mobility.
- Have a broad knowledge of tissue viability of pressure care intervention
- Have a good knowledge of biomechanics
- Have a broad knowledge of posture and positioning in the relevant pathologies and implications for seating
- Have a knowledge of medication and their effects on clinical presentation, and potential effects on functional abilities
- Have knowledge of medical/ surgical interventions that may be required by individual clients and make appropriate referrals
- Full driving licence and access to personal vehicle
Benefits of working for Sanctuary Personnel:
- Free DBS and compliance service
- Daily payroll
- Access to exclusive roles that aren't available with other agencies
- Your own dedicated consultant with extensive occupational therapy knowledge
- Refer a Friend bonus - get £250 for each candidate you refer who we successfully place
- Find your own job bonus - Receive £250 for bringing your own position to us
- Clinical governance support
- In house payroll system
- Industry leading shift booking system
- Nationwide coverage including the Channel Islands
This Occupational Therapist job is advertised by Glen Curtis; if you are interested in this position please click above to apply now.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.
As a pioneer of diverse recruitment, Sanctuary Personnel is proud to encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds as our pool of candidates is very much reflective of the clients that candidates will support within their role. This very much played a significant in previously winning ‘Best Candidate Care’ at the Recruiter Awards as well being a two-time finalist for the same award.
Sanctuary takes great pride in building candidate and client relationships that promote Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI).
With recruitment consultants and all other employees undertaking annual online training on EDI and many other compliance training courses, Sanctuary is best placed to undertake a fair and thorough selection process.
If you consider yourself to have a disability or require any reasonable adjustment during the recruitment process or within the workplace, please highlight this at the earliest opportunity. With this information, we will provide appropriate support to you throughout the process and into your work placement.