Sanctuary Personnel, an innovative and committed recruitment agency is currently looking for an experienced Occupational Therapist to work based in Maidenhead, within the Short-Term Support and Rehabilitation (STS&R) Team.
The salary for this permanent Occupational Therapist job is £38,427.48 per annum.
- To ensure appropriate safeguarding processes are in place for the most vulnerable residents.
- To provide outcome focussed assessments and facilitate delivery of the objectives.
- Manage a caseload including complex assessments.
- To ensure that all 2-hour GP requests are met.
- Participate in the OT duty rota within the STS&R.
- A service user focus, to utilise a range of standard assessment tools to evaluate all treatment approaches in response to a range of needs.
- Within the scope of this job, the post holder will assess for and prescribe equipment; effectively use NRS for allocation of equipment; identify and progress the need for adaptations to Service users’ accommodation as appropriate.
- The post holder will support staff on how to assist service users with their individual rehabilitation programmes and to ensure these are understood and followed correctly.
- To support Rehabilitation Care Assistants (RCA’s) to complete their competencies. This may include the post holder to facilitate short training sessions and observations during working practice.
Requirements of the Occupational Therapist:
- Degree or equivalent within Occupational Therapy.
- HCPC registered as an Occupational Therapist.
- Significant post-qualifying experience working as an Occupational Therapist within an intermediate care setting.
- Ability to demonstrate a high level of understanding of the rehabilitation process and all relevant legislation within the intermediate care remit.
- Good negotiating and facilitation skills, able to demonstrate working in a community environment.
- IT Skills – competent in use of Microsoft Outlook and Word.
- Must have current clean driving licence and have daily use of a car.
This Occupational Therapist job is advertised by Sadiq Rahman; if you are interested in this position please click above to apply now.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.