Sanctuary Health is currently looking for an experienced and dedicated Band 6 Community Occupational Therapist/Physiotherapist to work full-time based in Saffron Walden. The ideal candidate will possess highly developed specialist knowledge of Occupational Therapy/Physiotherapy and be registered with the HCPC.
The pay rate for this locum Occupational Therapist/Physiotherapist job is £30 - £38 per hour (Assignment rate) and is a 3-month contract.
Occupational Therapist duties:
- Work with adults both in the community and the inpatient rehab ward, providing OT assessments, intervention /treatment and evaluated input.
- The focus of the service is to prevent hospital admission and support successful discharge, through assessment of the person and their social and physical environment.
- Provide therapeutic input that maintains functional ability and promotes rehabilitation, using compensatory techniques, adapting the environment and providing recommendation of support needs.
- Play a major and specialist role in the advanced assessment, treatment and clinical management of patients who have complex, acute and chronic presentations, determining the functional deficits and Physiotherapy treatment required. This is in the community setting and on an Inpatient Rehabilitation ward.
- Practice in accordance with the Chartered Society of Physiotherapy rules of Professional Conduct and Standards of Physiotherapy, and the Health Professions Council's regulations.
- Contribute to the overall service development of the team and actively participate in Continuing Professional Development.
- Provide leadership through supervision, mentoring, education and training.
- Conduct appraisals for junior members of the team.
- Build on previous experience to further develop clinical and managerial competencies.
- Work as part of the integrated team to plan, deliver and evaluate all aspects of the patient treatment process, including discharge and referral to appropriate community based health and social care agencies.
- Consolidate prior knowledge and ensure continued development of a broad range of clinical skills in rehabilitation. This will include skill in neurological rehabilitation, admission avoidance, general rehabilitation and management of long term conditions.
- Perform physiotherapeutic assessment of patients with diverse presentations and complex physical and psychological conditions to provide a diagnosis and develop and deliver an individualised treatment programme.
Requirements of the Occupational Therapist/Physiotherapist:
- Degree or equivalent within Occupational Therapy/Physiotherapy
- HCPC registered as an Occupational Therapist/Physiotherapist
- Previous experience as an Occupational Therapist/Physiotherapist
Benefits of Working for Sanctuary Personnel:
- Daily payroll
- Free DBS and compliance service
- Access to exclusive roles that aren't available with other agencies
- Your own dedicated consultant with extensive Occupational Therapy/Physiotherapy knowledge
- Refer a Friend bonus - get £250 for each candidate you refer who we successfully place
- Find your own job bonus - Receive £250 for bringing your own position to us
- Clinical governance support
- In house payroll system
- Industry leading shift booking system
- Nationwide coverage including the Channel islands
This Occupational Therapist/Physiotherapist job is advertised by Sebastian Dunbar; if you are interested in this position please click above to apply now.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.