Sanctuary Health is currently looking for experienced and dedicated Band 6 Occupational Therapist to work full-time as a Care Co-ordinator within an Early Intervention Service based in Wandsworth. The ideal candidates will possess highly developed specialist knowledge of occupational therapies practices and be registered with the HCPC.
The pay rate for this locum Care Co-ordinator job is £26 - £29 per hour (Assignment Rate) and is an ongoing contract.
- The Early Intervention Team provides a service for those people with first onset psychoses between the ages of 17 and 35 years.
- The aim of the service is to provide intensive care using the Assertive Community Team model, to prevent relapse, reduce the number of "revolving door" admissions, ensure effective treatment for resistant symptoms, reduce the incidence of suicide and maximise an individual's personal and social functioning.
- There is emerging evidence that early and assertive intervention in the first-episode psychosis can improve the natural history of the disorder and that service users experience a better outcome with regard to overall quality of life and social functioning, having lower than average length of hospital stay and receive lower doses of antipsychotics.
- The average length of an intervention is usually three years.
Requirements of the Care Co-ordinator:
- Degree or equivalent within occupational therapies
- HCPC registered as an Occupational Therapist
- Recent post qualifying experience working as an Occupational Therapist (NHS experience)
This Care Co-ordinator job is advertised by Sebastian Dunbar; if you are interested in this position please click above to apply now.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.