Sanctuary Personnel, an innovative and committed recruitment agency is currently looking for an experienced Occupational Therapist to work based in Bromley, within the Response Team.
The pay rate for this locum Occupational Therapist job is £30 per hour (assignment rate) and is a 3-month contract.
- To promote and maintain independence for vulnerable and disabled service users.
- To assess the functional needs of service users and their carers in line with relevant legislation and departmental policy.
- Together with the service user, to plan and implement a range of therapeutic interventions.
- To review and provide continued assessment and intervention as necessary.
- To adopt a client centred approach to assess the needs of service users and their carers, in line with relevant legislation (such as The Care Act 2014) and departmental policies and procedures.
- To provide a range of interventions to meet service users needs. These may include teaching new techniques, the provision of standard and specialist equipment (including manual handling equipment) and minor and major adaptations to the home.
- Liaising with other internal departments and external organisations as necessary (eg Bromley Public Protective Division in relation to Disabled Facilities Grants, Housing Associations and other statutory, voluntary and independent services).
- To review interventions provided in relation to meeting service user and carers needs and reassess and provide further intervention as necessary.
- Supervise and support staff as agreed with Line Manager and in line with Council procedures (eg. Occupational Therapy Assistants).
Requirements of the Occupational Therapist:
- Degree or equivalent within Occupational Therapy.
- HCPC registered as an Occupational Therapist.
- Minimum two years post-qualifying experience working as an Occupational Therapist, including experience in assessing service users functional abilities and providing interventions to meet identified needs.
- Ability to manage time and caseload effectively.
- Ability to work within a framework of legislation, guidance, divisional policies and procedure, maintaining accountability to senior staff.
- Ability to undertake functional assessments, adopting a client centred approach to plan and implement appropriate interventions.
- Experience of working with people with physical disabilities.
- Experience of report writing.
- Full driving licence and access to personal vehicle.
Benefits of working for Sanctuary Personnel:
- Daily payroll
- Free DBS and compliance service
- Access to exclusive roles that aren't available with other agencies
- Your own dedicated consultant with extensive occupational therapy knowledge
- Refer a Friend bonus - get £250 for each candidate you refer who we successfully place
- Find your own job bonus - Receive £250 for bringing your own position to us
- Clinical governance support
- In house payroll system
- Industry-leading shift booking system
- Nationwide coverage including the Channel Islands
This Occupational Therapist job is advertised by Sebastian Dunbar; if you are interested in this position please click above to apply now.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.
As a pioneer of diverse recruitment, Sanctuary Personnel is proud to encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds as our pool of candidates is very much reflective of the clients that candidates will support within their role. This very much played a significant in previously winning ‘Best Candidate Care’ at the Recruiter Awards as well being a two-time finalist for the same award.
Sanctuary takes great pride in building candidate and client relationships that promote Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI).
With recruitment consultants and all other employees undertaking annual online training on EDI and many other compliance training courses, Sanctuary is best-placed to undertake a fair and thorough selection process.
If you consider yourself to have a disability or require any reasonable adjustment during the recruitment process or within the workplace, please highlight this at the earliest opportunity. With this information, we will provide appropriate support to you throughout the process and into your work placement.