Sanctuary Personnel, a leading recruitment company within the private and public sector has a locum role for a Band 6 Occupational Therapist to work full-time based in Stoke-on-Trent, within Paediatrics.
The pay rate for this locum Occupational Therapist job is £25.04 per hour (Assignment rate) and is a 1-month contract.
- To effectively manage a complex caseload through assessment, treatment and evaluation using clinical reasoning and evidence-based practice.
- To apply specialist skills and knowledge to prioritise and interpret referral information to provide the most appropriate assessment, using standardised and non-standardised tests and clinical observations.
- To interpret assessment findings in relation to the functional difficulties of the child looking at all areas of the child’s life, taking into account parent, child, teacher and other professional opinions.
- To plan and organise appropriate intervention choosing from a range of therapy models with the child, family and school as applicable. The intervention may be carried out by an OT support worker and may take the form of individual or group work.
- To take responsibility for facilitating parents, school staff and other agencies to develop the knowledge and skills to contribute towards their child’s treatment plan.
- To monitor, evaluate and modify treatment in order to measure progress and ensure effectiveness of intervention
- To liaise effectively and to work collaboratively with other professionals at all levels, which will involve contributing at multi-disciplinary/agency meetings.
- To co-ordinate the allocation of referrals in a geographical patch.
- To provide supervision to members of the OT team.
- To contribute to the induction and training of students and new members of staff, both within or external to the Trust.
- To provide training to education staff and other professionals as required.
Requirements of the Occupational Therapist:
- Degree or equivalent within Occupational Therapy.
- HCPC registered as an Occupational Therapist.
- At least two years of experience either pre or post qualification
- Evidence of CPD including reflective practice, in-service training and course attendance
- Evidence of a range of clinical competencies suitable for the job
- Experience of working with a wide range of neurodevelopmental and neurological conditions
- Experience of using and interpreting standardised assessments and outcome measures
- Experience of developing and providing education and teaching programs to other professionals and parents
- A broad and sound understanding of child development and its relationship to the development of occupational performance
- Good IT skills including power point
- Knowledge of the application of assessments and interventions within Children’s OT
Benefits of working for Sanctuary Personnel:
- Free DBS and compliance service
- Daily payroll
- Access to exclusive roles that aren't available with other agencies
- Your own dedicated consultant with extensive occupational therapy knowledge
- Refer a Friend bonus - get £250 for each candidate you refer who we successfully place
- Find your own job bonus - Receive £250 for bringing your own position to us
- Clinical governance support
- In house payroll system
- Industry leading shift booking system
- Nationwide coverage including the Channel Islands
This Band 6 Occupational Therapist job is advertised by Ruben Mota; if you are interested in this position please click above to apply now.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.
As a pioneer of diverse recruitment, Sanctuary Personnel is proud to encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds as our pool of candidates is very much reflective of the clients that candidates will support within their role. This very much played a significant in previously winning ‘Best Candidate Care’ at the Recruiter Awards as well being a two-time finalist for the same award.
Sanctuary takes great pride in building candidate and client relationships that promote Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI).
With recruitment consultants and all other employees undertaking annual online training on EDI and many other compliance training courses, Sanctuary is best placed to undertake a fair and thorough selection process.
If you consider yourself to have a disability or require any reasonable adjustment during the recruitment process or within the workplace, please highlight this at the earliest opportunity. With this information, we will provide appropriate support to you throughout the process and into your work placement.