Sanctuary Personnel, an innovative and committed recruitment agency is currently looking for an experienced Band 6 Neurology Occupational Therapist to work based in Ealing.
The pay rate for this locum Neurology Occupational Therapist job is £25-£26 per hour (assignment rate) and is a 1-month contract.
- As an autonomous practitioner to assess and treat own case load and provide a highly specialist neurology OT service to patients.
- To work as a member of the multidisciplinary team (MDT), assessing and treating patients with highly complex neurological disability and maintaining accurate and comprehensive patient records.
- To be a clinical lead for the inpatient stroke and neurology Occupational Therapy (OT) service.
- To work closely with the cross-site Head of Inpatient OT and the Clinical Lead for Inpatient Services to support the development of the Neurology OT Service.
- To contribute to the management of all aspects of the Neurology Inpatient OT Service. This includes prioritising and organising all referrals to the neurology service and allocation of patients.
- To be responsible for the development and appraisal of the team members, including specialist rotational OTs, juniors, and students.
- To regularly provide formal and informal, on-going training and education to OT staff, other healthcare professions and students.
- To engage in own continued professional development (CPD) and service development.
- To take a lead on clinical audit within the team and undertake research.
Requirements of the Neurology Occupational Therapist:
- Degree or equivalent within Occupational Therapy.
- HCPC registered as an Occupational Therapist.
- At least 4 years of post-qualifying experience working as an Occupational Therapist in relevant field.
- Documented evidence of continued professional development.
- Experience of audit procedures and quality measures and experience in providing advice and support to junior staff and/or students.
- Leadership and first line management experience.
- Student supervisors course.
- Specialist knowledge of current best practice in OT and medical conditions associated with the area of work.
- Thorough application of the OT process with designated client group.
- Planning and coordination of treatment programmes.
- Extensive experience in individual and group work.
- Knowledge of OT models of practice, understanding of OT outcome measures, and knowledge and application of standardised assessments.
- Ability to analyse professional and ethical issues, and ability to organise and respond efficiently to complex information.
- Computer literacy.
- Understanding of team dynamics and thorough knowledge of legislation that affects area of work.
- Physically fit to regularly transfer patients, using equipment such as hoists and slide sheets, and transfer patients into vehicles.
- Experience and training in current lifting and handling techniques.
Benefits of working for Sanctuary Personnel:
- Daily payroll
- Free DBS and compliance service
- Access to exclusive roles that aren't available with other agencies
- Your own dedicated consultant with extensive occupational therapy knowledge
- Refer a Friend bonus - get £250 for each candidate you refer who we successfully place
- Find your own job bonus - Receive £250 for bringing your own position to us
- Clinical governance support
- In house payroll system
- Industry-leading shift booking system
- Nationwide coverage including the Channel Islands
This Band 6 Neurology Occupational Therapist job is advertised by Sebastian Dunbar; if you are interested in this position please click above to apply now.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.
As a pioneer of diverse recruitment, Sanctuary Personnel is proud to encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds as our pool of candidates is very much reflective of the clients that candidates will support within their role. This very much played a significant in previously winning ‘Best Candidate Care’ at the Recruiter Awards as well being a two-time finalist for the same award.
Sanctuary takes great pride in building candidate and client relationships that promote Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI).
With recruitment consultants and all other employees undertaking annual online training on EDI and many other compliance training courses, Sanctuary is best-placed to undertake a fair and thorough selection process.
If you consider yourself to have a disability or require any reasonable adjustment during the recruitment process or within the workplace, please highlight this at the earliest opportunity. With this information, we will provide appropriate support to you throughout the process and into your work placement.